Job description / Role
Job Description Summary
Customer facing staff responsible for winning business Jobs at this level operate with some autonomy but are covered by well-defined Commercial policies or review of end results. The job allows modification of procedures and practices covering work as long as the end results meet standards of acceptability (typically annual volume, margin and compliance requirements). Responsible for medium-sized sales territories.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Within a geographic area responsible for selling product(s), services, parts, solutions, Options upgrades
- Manage Chanel Partners in the designated area of coverage.
- Utilizes in-depth knowledge of own and others sales territory, product lines, markets, sales processes or customer groups and uses analytical thinking and commercial experience to execute policy/strategy.
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Uses some judgment and has some ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters to address more complicated, day-to-day problems with projects, product lines, markets, sales processes, or customers. Ability to prioritize information for decision making.
- Uses technical experience and analytical thinking.
- Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own teams to arrive at decisions.
- These sales jobs will mainly be individual contributors.
- A job at this level requires strong interpersonal skills.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- May lead small projects with low risks and resource requirements.
- Explains information; developing skills to bring team members to consensus around topics within field.
- Conveys performance expectations and may handle sensitive issues.
- For roles outside of the USA
- This role requires advanced experience in the Sales & Sales.
- Knowledge level is comparable to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college ( or a high school diploma with relevant experience).
- Experience in managing channel partners, understanding of service business.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.