Job description / Role
The General Manager is expected to be involved with and support all business functions of CADG. They will need to have a general understanding of projects and activities being conducted across all countries in which CADG operates in. Although the primary focus will be as the head of the Human Resources Department, this position will also be responsible for developing coordination between all functional areas of the company, engaging with vendors, reviewing general business strategy and providing overall general support throughout CADG’s operations. Although initially based in UAE, this position will be required to travel throughout Africa and could be relocated based on the needs of the company
• Management of the Human Resources section to include full responsibility for the recruitment life cycle, employee contract management, disciplinary issues, and termination
• Conduct organizational assessments, in coordination with Operations and Business Development to identify and validate recruitment needs. Review recruitment procedures and liaise with project managers and local Recruitment agencies to ensure all recruitment needs are met.
• Advise senior management and Operations on local employment regulations and requirements for all countries in which CADG operates in; including visa, work permit, and tax liability requirements for International Staff assigned to the country
• Develop, maintain, and review all Human Resource specific Policies and Procedures; including country specific HR policies. Support Finance, Logistics, and Operations on the review and development of function specific policies and procedures
• Coordinate flow of information between HR, Finance, and Operations to ensure all departments are aligned with company strategic goals and objectives.
• Support Senior Management in the development of company strategies, including: Coordination with local national legal and financial experts, management of the regulatory requirements / filings (VAT, Withholding, corporation taxes, etc), Opening Bank Accounts, etc.
• Oversea the travel section and ensure travel arrangements are properly managed. Resolve any travel related issue or complaint that may arise in accordance with CADG Policies; including the procurement of all necessary visas or development of necessary invitation letters and other documentation.
• Review and approve all financial related requests and expenses pertaining to Personnel or General Overhead Support for project sites and country offices; ensuring expenses are reasonable, within budget, and in compliance with all CADG Policies and Regulations
• When required, liaise with and manage relationships with clients and other prospects in support of regional business development and operational objectives and ensure client’s requirements are understood and meet.
• Ensure all Managers are enforcing all CADG’s policies, regulations, code of conduct and security procedures. Coordinate with project and local management teams to ensure all disciplinary and performance related issues are handled in accordance with HR policies.
• Perform all other tasks as and when required by Senior Management
Knowledge and Experience
• Degree in Business Administration or Human Resources
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in administration / personnel manager
• Good knowledge and experience of the different business functions (HR, Finance, Operations, Business Development, Logistics, etc.)
• Experience handling Insurance matters and controlling company insurance policies advantageous
• Experience working across multiple project sites, countries, and time zones
• Excellent time management with the ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines with minimum supervision.
• Multi-cultural environment experience is essential and experience in post-conflicted regions is desirable
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making ability
About the Company
CADG specializes in operating in complex and remote areas of Africa, Central Asia and the Middle East. Our fields of expertise include: Engineering & Construction, Camp Construction & Life Support, Aviation, Logistics & Procurement and International Development.
Our capabilities are varied yet linked – allowing us to offer our clients exactly and only what they need. The intrepid nature of our diverse, talented experts allows us to work competitively in non-permissive environments. We rely not only on our experience, but also on our ability to assess needs on the ground and marry them with practical implementation strategies to deliver tailored solutions.
The Hardest Jobs. The Toughest Places. The Best People.