Job description / Role
• Prepare test solutions, compounds, and reagents for laboratory personnel to conduct test.
• Analyse organic and inorganic compounds to determine chemical and physical properties, composition, structure, relationships, and reactions, utilizing chromatography, spectroscopy, and spectrophotometry techniques.
• Develop, improve, and customize products, equipment, formulas, processes, and analytical methods.
• Compile and analyse test information to determine process or equipment operating efficiency and to diagnose malfunctions.
• Confer with engineers to conduct analyses of research projects, interpret test results, or develop nonstandard tests.
• Direct, coordinate, and advise personnel in test procedures for analysing components and physical properties of materials.
• Induce changes in composition of substances by introducing heat, light, energy, and chemical catalysts for quantitative and qualitative analysis.
• Write technical papers and reports.
• Prepare standards and specifications for processes, facilities, products, and tests.
• Use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
• Enter, transcribe, record, store, or maintain information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
• Conduct qualitative and quantitative chemical analyses or experiments in laboratory for quality or process control.
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or a comparable Science related degree
• 5 or more years of analytical technical experience within a laboratory working environment
• Knowledgeable of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods.
• Organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks and to balance short term and long-term priorities
• Supervisory experience
• Ability to work with cross functional teams and groups
• Experience with computer-based instrumentation
• Good written and oral communication skills
About the Company
We are a Dubai based holding company with portfolio companies operating in trading of Precious Metals, Real Estate Advisory, and Investment Management across Middle East, Europe and East Africa.
Quality Assurance - Chemist
A Leading FMCG Company in GCC
|Ras Al Khaimah||4 Apr|
Scientist (Product Testing)
Abu Dhabi University
|Al Ain||6 Apr|
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||27 Mar|
QA and Research and Development Manager
Green Gulf Careers