Job description / Role
Purpose of the Job
The Logistics Coordinator is to oversee and coordinate the efforts of the different regional procurement officers and ensure logistic efforts are inline with Operational requirements. They will also serve as primary Logistics point of contact logistical issues and supply chain management.
This role will require frequent travel to other CADG job locations in East & West Africa
• Liaise and collaborate with regional procurement officers and relevant managers in order to ensure that CADG logistic requirements are met; including regional acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery and final disposal of resources.
• Develop and maintain positive business relationships with suppliers and sub-contractors to take advantage of sales opportunities and minimize overall costs.
• Monitor and coordinate supply chain operations to include inventory control, consolidated price listings across all CADG project sites, and distribution timelines
• Manage the movement of goods (both into Africa and between countries) in order to maximize value and minimize costs.
• Develop and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the Logistics Department
• Provide timely logistical related reports to CADG Management and associated staff on a routine basis.
• Train, mentor, and supervise subordinate staff in the performance of their duties
• Maintain oversight and track all logistical movements and commitments as well as maintain consolidated logistical expense report for all sites.
• Coordinate with Regional Procurement Offices and Finance to ensure the proper invoicing and reconciliations of all payments made to suppliers
• Perform all other related tasks as may be assigned by CADG Management
Knowledge and Experience
• Degree/Diploma Holder in Logistics or Supply Chain Management
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
• Proactive and able to work independently in a highly entrepreneurial and multi-cultural environment
• Proven ability to coordinate logistical activities across multiple projects sites; coordinating logistical movements between multiple countries advantageous.
• Strong leadership and team building capabilities
• Professional proficiency in English; both written and verbal. Business level French is advantageous.
• Previous experience of working in West or Central Africa preferred
About the Company
CADG specializes in operating in complex and remote areas of Africa, Central Asia and the Middle East. Our fields of expertise include: Engineering & Construction, Camp Construction & Life Support, Aviation, Logistics & Procurement and International Development.
Our capabilities are varied yet linked – allowing us to offer our clients exactly and only what they need. The intrepid nature of our diverse, talented experts allows us to work competitively in non-permissive environments. We rely not only on our experience, but also on our ability to assess needs on the ground and marry them with practical implementation strategies to deliver tailored solutions.
The Hardest Jobs. The Toughest Places. The Best People.