Project Director / Head of Projects (Construction)
Job description / Role
We have an exciting opportunity with our international client in Kenya - who is seeking a Project Director / Head Of Projects (Construction/ high rise - 20 stories +) to join their team in Nairobi. This is an amazing opportunity to live in a fast moving and exciting city and head up the Projects for this Real Estate/ Developer/ Construction company- The role reports directly to the CEO.
* Coordinating construction projects and ensuring that everything goes according to plan from conception to completion.
* oversee the engagement of Design and Specialist consultants through the design development process, construction, and completion.
* Directing and monitoring construction projects from conception to completion, examining project in-depth to scheduling deliverables and estimating costs, and coordinating and directing construction workers and subcontractors.
* Oversee and handle the negotiation of terms of agreements, drafting of contracts, and the acquisition of permits and licenses
* Oversee the completion of construction projects by handling planning, budgeting, and making key decisions to ensure that construction projects are in budget and are completed on time
* Review the whole construction process and make schedules.
* Responsibility of evaluating and determining costs by preparing a budget, showing both soft and hard costs and coming up with ways to reduce budgets, such as utilizing alternative building materials when necessary.
* Degree in Engineering, Construction management, architecture, quantity surveying or related fields
* Post graduate qualification in Project or Construction Management an added advantage
* 15+ years of relevant experience
* Proven experience in management of teams (at least 5 years' experience)
* Ability to structure problems into programs for effective delivery
* High level of integrity and dependability
* Self-starter with a go-getter attitude and a desire to hold themselves accountable
* Excellent time management skills, verbal and written communication skills, and good teamwork skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills, good decision-making skills, and good physical strength and stamina;
* Good project management skills, good leadership skills, and ability to pay particular attention to detail.
YOU MUST BE HAPPY TO LIVE AND WORK IN KENYA
About the Company
Blake Anderson is a boutique consultancy based in the UK, with a satellite office in Dubai. Specialising in Technical and Construction Recruitment, Blake Anderson provides a superior service to clients and candidates within the construction and technical sectors.
We concentrate on placing professionals throughout the world, focusing mainly on the Middle East and Asia, drawing on both the global and local markets for highly qualified professionals. In order to attract the best talent, we invest in various high-end advertising mediums.
With a database of 1,000's of candidates, our experienced consultants have a wealth of recruitment knowledge and have a consultative approach at all times, ensuring a second to none service.
Senior Project Director
Senior Project Manager
Project Director - PMC (Remote Location)
|Saudi Arabia||21 Apr|
The Highfield Company
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)