Job description / Role
A great opportunity has arisen for an Assistant General manager, to work closely with the General Manager of Financial Planning and Control in order to Devise and implement Bank's strategic plan.
* Collaborates with concerned parties towards setting Division long and short term goals ensuring compliance
* Cascades down Divisional strategy to employees ensuring individual alignment with Divisional goals, operations objectives, and quality standards.
Budgeting and Financial Management
* Collaborates with Executive Leadership towards estimating annual Divisional Budget .
* Ensures Division's compliance with approved Budget, seeking resolution of any variance to ensure effective cost controls.
* Reviews all financial reports and other performance data to determine, cost reduction, focus area and process improvement for the attention of Executive Management.
* Develops the process and procedures for the implementation of the Bank's Strategic Plan.
* Reviews the Bank's strategic planning process, working with various cross functional teams in order to identify, evaluate, and analyze evolving strategic priorities. Setup strategic objectives and goals, identify instruments for such attainment and monitor and evaluate the chosen strategy.
* Oversees the implementation of the following:
* Ensures adherence to all IAS/IFRS applicable to regulatory returns.
* Coordinates with external Auditors and Central Bank to ensure timely approval of relevant regulatory returns.
* Ad hoc projects to support Executive Management's decision.
* Formulates the Expenses Authorization Policy and directs changes to it, while administering work procedures in accordance with the Policy.
* Procedures that support the production of all financial reports, including quarterly and annual accounts.
* Coordinates with external Auditors and Central Bank to ensure approval of financial statements.
* Determines Accounting System parameters.
* Devises the Accounting Project Plan and accordingly organizes resources and duties.
* Ensures efficient changes in system as required and supervises development of new systems that comply with new international or Central Bank standards.
* Oversees the following:
- Organization and monitoring of user acceptance testing on Accounting Systems and guidance provided in testing activities done by the Staff
- Development, testing and maintenance of the Disaster Recovery Plans (DRP) while liaising with ITD to obtain the needed infrastructure at the chosen DRP site
- Ensuring completion of DRP Testing Activities within the limitations of the infrastructure provided by ITD& CPM
* Assess staffing needs and requirements towards their career and professional development.
* Liaises with HR towards fulfilling the recruitment needs of the Division
* Sets subordinate goals and ensures alignment with Corporate Objectives
* Nominates subordinates to attend related training events to enhance their professional knowledge and skills
* Appraises employee work results
* Addresses subordinate queries and concerns, seeking solutions to ensure synergy
Customer' Relations Management (internal and/or external)
* Develops and maintains relationships with all stakeholders.
* Direct, monitor and prioritize client requests.
* Provide quality excellence and superior provision of service to ensure client satisfaction with related products and services.
Documentation and Reporting
* Oversees and reviews all collected, stored and maintained documents ensuring consistency and accuracy, thus enabling Executive Leadership to take effective decisions.
Policies and Procedures
* Formulates and periodically assesses and reviews Division policies and procedures to ensure compliance with rules and regulations.
* Coordinates for the effective and efficient application of Divisional policies and procedures.
* Reviews and proposes enhancements to existing cross-Divisional workflows to maximize work efficiency
Auditing and Review
* Critical review of data/information to ensure the highest standards of data accuracy.
* Minimum: Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Finance or in Accounting
* Minimum:15 - 20 years related experience
* CA,CFA,CPA or CMA
Language and Computer Skills
* Computer Skills: Advanced
* English Skills: Fluent
* Arabic Skills: Advantage
Key Behavioral Competencies
* Connecting and Networking
* Determining and Initiating Action
* Leading and Developing Others
Key Technical Competencies
* Efficiency & Effectiveness
* Quality Improvement
About the Company
Robert Walters is one of the world's largest specialist professional recruitment consultancies with 53 offices spanning 24 countries.
We've helped thousands of professionals find permanent, contract and interim roles with leading global corporations, small to medium sized companies and innovative start ups. Our specialist recruitment focus includes: accountancy and finance, banking, engineering, operations, legal, IT, sales, marketing, procurement & logistics, HR and support/administration.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies