Job description / Role
The Aircraft Mechanic I (CH-47) troubleshoots malfunctions in aircraft structure, landing gear, flight surfaces and controls, anti-icing, pneudraulic, engines, auxiliary power unit, and ventilation and heating systems.
- Remove and install aircraft subsystem assemblies and components such as engines, rotors, transmissions, mechanical flight controls and their components.
- Service and lubricate aircraft and subsystems.
- Safely prepare aircraft for inspections and maintenance checks and services.
- Perform scheduled inspections and assist in performing special inspections.
- Perform limited maintenance operational checks and diagnoses and troubleshoots aircraft systems using special tools and test equipment as required.
- Use and perform operator maintenance on tools, special tools and aircraft ground support equipment.
- Apply comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting technical documentation such as aircraft Technical Manuals, Maintenance Information and Action Messages and all technical guidance provided through government official representatives.
- Maintain and repair aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems, and mechanical components.
- Apply technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and use required expertise in restoring equipment condition and or operation.
- Participate in maintenance test flights and operation checks as required.
- High school Diploma or equivalent required.
- U.S. military technical school or specialized training course is desired, certification of education level is required.
- Minimum of Two (2) year experience on the CH-47 (MDS) within the last Six (6) years OR hold a valid FAA A&P license.
- FAA A&P Certificate preferred
- Must be a US citizen
- Must be in possession of a U.S. Passport with 2.5 years of validity remaining at the time of hire and be able to travel internationally.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Public Trust NAC-I. Note: US Citizenship is required for Public Trust NAC-I at this work location.
- Able to clear CENTCOM MOD Physicals requirement for deployment. (Attend CRC)
- Must be able to obtain Kuwait visa.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
About the Company
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.