Job description / Role
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Aircraft Mechanic II (Prop & Rotor) UH60, CH47, AH64
The Aircraft Mechanic II (Prop & Rotor) UH60, CH47, AH64 repairs, services, and troubleshoots malfunctions on aircraft drive train and rotor systems.
- Remove and install aircraft subsystem assemblies and components such as rotor systems, transmissions, drive trains, and their components.
- Service and lubricate aircraft and subsystems.
- Safely prepare aircraft for inspections and maintenance checks and services.
- Perform scheduled inspections and assist in performing special inspections.
- Perform limited maintenance operational checks and diagnoses and troubleshoots aircraft power train systems using special tools and test equipment as required.
- Use and perform operator maintenance on tools, special tools and aircraft ground support equipment.
- Apply comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting technical documentation such as aircraft Technical Manuals, Maintenance Information and Action Messages and all technical guidance provided through government official representatives.
- Maintain and repair aircraft power train components.
- Apply technical knowledge of power train systems in determining equipment malfunctions and use required expertise in restoring equipment condition and or operation.
- Participate in maintenance test flights and operation checks as required.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Minimum of Three (3) years aviation maintenance experience within the last Five (5) years on the powertrain systems of CH-47, UH-60, and/or AH-64 aircraft.
- OR A&P license and Two (2) years aviation maintenance experience within the last Five (5) years on the powertrain systems of the CH-47, UH-60 and/or AH-64 aircraft.
- U.S. military technical school or specialized training course is desired, certification of education level is required.
- Must be in possession of a U.S. Passport and be able to travel internationally with minimum 6 blank pages and 2 plus year validity on expiration date of passport at the time of hiring.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance (Public Trust NAC-I).
- Must be able to pass CENTCOM Physicals (medical) requirements.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
About the Company
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.