Job description / Role
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
AH-64 Aircraft Technical Inspector (AH-64 TI) Camp Buehring, Kuwait
The AH64 Aircraft Technical Inspector is responsible for maintaining the Quality Control, Environmental and Safety Programs at the field level in support of assigned aircraft and Support Equipment.
- Inspect, remove, install, repair, replace, modify, disassemble, reassemble and calibrate complex aircraft mechanical and electromechanical systems in accordance with maintenance manuals, test procedures and other military publications.
- Perform the receiving, in-process, final quality, flight safety inspections and functional operational tests during organizational, intermediate and depot level maintenance, modification and repair of military tactical aircraft systems or associated components.
- Approve or reject work accomplished by field team members to ensure compliance with customer specifications, standards and technical data.
- Review and approve locally developed procedures and solutions to complex repair situations.
- Perform analysis of defects and interprets quality control rejection and failure trends.
- Monitor safety, training, and certification requirements.
- Using checklists, perform daily work site Safety Inspections and Foreign Object Damage Inspections.
- Monitor tool control programs, inspects and maintains records to ensure that measuring and test equipment meets calibration requirements.
- Maintain Quality, Safety, Training and Certification Records.
- Coordinate with the Customer Quality Assurance Representative concerning quality matters, mandatory inspection points and final acceptance inspection of contract end items or services.
- Inspect forms and records related to aircraft maintenance.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- U.S. military technical school or specialized training course is desired, certification of education level is required.
- Required Five years (5) of recent applicable aircraft maintenance experience.
- Required One year (1) experience inspecting AH-64 aircraft assigned.
- (FAA) Airframe and Powerplant License (A&P) Certificate Preferred.
- If no A&P; Must have a minimum Five (5) years' experience as an Aircraft Inspector on the AH-64 airframe they will be inspecting.
- FAA Inspection Authorization (IA), Preferred.
- If no IA; Must have a minimum Five (5) year experience as an aircraft inspector on the AH-64 airframe they will be inspecting.
- Must be in possession of a U.S. Passport and be able to travel internationally with minimum 6 blank pages and 2 plus year validity on expiration date of passport at the time of hiring
- Must be a US citizen.
- Ability to obtain/maintain Clearance (NAC-I T1).
- Must be able to pass Army MOD 16 Medical for deployment.
Knowledge & Skills
- Possess good communication skills; be adaptable, diversified and capable of troubleshooting entire aircraft system.
- Working knowledge of electrical, electronic, mechanical and associated systems principles to complete properly all probable work tasks.
- Knowledge of Quality Control, Production and Supply procedures required to perform job assignment.
- Able to determine when faulty systems or assemblies can be corrected through repair of replacement of new parts and the nature and extent of repair required.
- Must have skill in reading, applying and interpreting technical data.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for extended periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to lift heavy objects whose weight may exceed 50 pounds.
- Must be able to type using a standard keyboard to communicate through e-mail and various software applications.
- Will handle dirty parts and lubricants.
- Will be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Must be able to pass a Respirator Physical and Fit Test qualification.
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, etc.
- Must be able to lift/push/pull minimum of 50 pounds.
- May work in maintenance shop or outside.
- Must be able to work in a shop where the environment is drafty, noisy, and dirty.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from operating equipment.
- May be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts or vehicles.
- May be expected to work in austere environments and all weather conditions.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
About the Company
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.