Job description / Role
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Aircraft Technical Inspector (CH-47) Camp Buehring, Kuwait
The CH47 Aircraft Technical Inspector is responsible for maintaining the Quality Control, Environmental and Safety Programs at the field level in support of assigned aircraft and Support Equipment.
- Inspect, remove, install, repair, replace, modify, disassemble, reassemble, and calibrate complex aircraft mechanical and electromechanical systems in accordance with maintenance manuals, test procedures and other military publications.
- Perform the receiving, in-process, final quality, flight safety inspections and functional operational tests during organizational, intermediate and depot level maintenance, modification and repair of military tactical aircraft systems or associated components.
- Approve or reject work accomplished by field team members to ensure compliance with customer specifications, standards, and technical data.
- Review and approve locally developed procedures and solutions to complex repair situations.
- Perform analysis of defects and interprets quality control rejection and failure trends.
- Monitor safety, training, and certification requirements.
- Using checklists, perform daily work site Safety Inspections and Foreign Object Damage Inspections.
- Monitor tool control programs, inspects, and maintains records to ensure that measuring and test equipment meets calibration requirements.
- Maintain Quality, Safety, Training and Certification Records.
- Coordinate with the Customer Quality Assurance Representative concerning quality matters, mandatory inspection points and final acceptance inspection of contract end items or services.
- Inspect forms and records related to aircraft maintenance.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Shall have five years of recent applicable aircraft maintenance experience.
- Shall have at least one-year experience inspecting CH47 aircraft assigned.
- U.S. military technical school or specialized training course is desired, certification of education level is required.
- Shall possess a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airframe and Powerplant License (A&P).
- If no A&P, shall have a minimum five-year experience as an aircraft inspector on the CH47 airframe they will be inspecting.
- Shall hold a valid (current) FAA Inspection Authorization (IA). If no IA, shall have a minimum five-year experience as an aircraft inspector on the CH47 airframe they will be inspecting.
- Must be in possession of a U.S. Passport and be able to travel internationally with minimum 6 blank pages and 2 plus year validity on expiration date of passport at the time of hiring
- Must be a US citizen.
- Ability to obtain/maintain Clearance (NAC-I T1).
- Must be able to pass Army MOD 16 Medical for deployment.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
About the Company
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.