Job description / Role
Monitor and oversee accounting functions and transactions. Ensure internal controls are implemented within policy and procedure and accounting standards, and appropriate external requirements/liaison. Supervise and guide assigned team to meet deadlines and department objectives
The below Key Performance Areas include but are not limited to:
Review and verify the work of assigned team of Accountants. Ensure the accuracy and integrity of transactions and financial information.
- Communicate and allocate work requirements, priorities, expectations, and responsibilities. Guide/train team members on work procedures and systems.
- Motivate team members to create a productive and cordial atmosphere that meets deadlines and achieves objectives.
Monitor standards and timely production of reports generated by the Accountant team.
- Undertake analysis of/consolidation of reports, producing summary reports and analysis for higher management, internal/external Audit, Suppliers, Banks, and Customers.
- Update financial records from physical inventory Reports/reconciliation.
- Produce other specific or adhoc reports as required.
Gather information and act as authorized to initiate cash flow and funds availability requirements according to standing orders including (payments calendar), budgets, history (patterns of expense) and specific requirements.
- Monitor inflow/outflow of liquid cash (sales, collections, floats) ensuring compliance with policies/procedures for cash handling and security.
- Undertake/supervise all related bank reconciliation.
Maintain CAPEX database by country by location. Monitor expense movements against budgets and reports variance.
- Arrange funds to suppliers as per contracts.
- Produce financial progress report for Project Team.
- Resolve issues relating to payments/approval as per Company Policy/Procedures and budgets.
- Degree / Post Graduate in Accounting.
- Financial, Commercial & Islamic regulation.
- Retail Business operations.
- Automated Business systems.
- 5 -7 years in a medium - to - large enterprises accounting environment.
Additional role requirements and skills:
- Accounting and Analytical skills.
- Advanced PC / MS Office package skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Cross - functional communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting standards and practices.
- Finalization of accounting for monthly, annual closing and audit.
- Ensure company operates in accordance to all local country law requirements and with international accounting standards.
- Good understanding of tax norms and ensure to meet tax deadlines.
About the Company
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey, Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at pace.
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton by Hilton.
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer experiences.