Job description / Role
Role: Assist Division Head in establishing Corporate Credit Risk Control Measures across the Bank. Providing detailed Reports and Recommendations with the objective of ascertaining Credit Risk Mitigation, and Protection of the Bank's overall Business interest in terms of Credit Risk.
• Create Corporate Credit comprehensive Reports on Performance and Quality of the Corporate Portfolio
• Production of Post Non-Retail Analytics and Report KRI's of Non-Retail Exposures.
• Produce Reports on NPL's, Concentration Risk, Capital Adequacy, Risk Appetite, ICAAP and Stress Test.
• Production, maintenance and accuracy of the Expected Credit Loss on a monthly basis for Non-Retail Portfolios
• Development of Risk Models for both Economic Capital and Regulatory Capital Calculation, PD, LGD, CCF, Risk Contribution etc for Corporate Credit Risk among various Asset Classes and Facility Types, ensuring these Risk Measures comply with Regulatory and Basel requirements through robust Model Validation.
• Implementation of the Credit Risk Rating Model (Credit Lens) and ensure appropriate Rating assignments for all Non-Retail Portfolios.
• Identify and highlight the high risk elements involving concentrations with respect to (not limited to) Sectors, Customers, Ratings, Geographies etc. and recommend adequate and timely mitigating actions to reduce, diversify or shift these Risks.
• Development and implementation of Risk Adjusted Return On Capital (RAROC) for Non -Retail Assets
• Development and Review of Watchlist Criteria.
• Review Status of NPL's, Rescheduled Loans and Watchlist and calculate provision needs of Corporate & PB Portfolio.
• Identify and Quantify Risk Weighted Assets for Non-Retail Book, and analyze its impact on the Capital Adequacy Ratio of the Bank
• Assist and Train the Team in performing Data Collection, Extraction, and Advanced Data Mining Techniques to research, compile and prepare Historical Data for use in Developing Models and Analytical Frameworks
• Develop, Implement Models for ICAAP, Stress Test, IFRS9, Basel, RAROC, Risk Appetite, Economic Capital and others related to Corporate Credit Risk.
• Monitor Exposure and Risk Limits at a Bank-wide level for all Credit Risk Exposures and Sector-wise Performance Indicators, Forecast and Analyze Impact of Budgeted Growth.
• Implement and maintain Risk Management Policy and Procedures
• Identify Credit Risks in any New Products and Activities and conduct Business Awareness Sessions.
• Produce, Analyze, Recommend and Present Risk Reports to Executive Team
• Review and provide inputs on the Corporate Portfolio's Risk Appetite Statement on an ongoing basis
• Performs a variety of tasks within the general scope of the job and others that may be assigned by the Management
• Bachelor in Business Administration or in Quantitative discipline. Master degree is preferable.
• Professional Certifications such as FRM, CPA, CFA is preferable.
• Minimum 5+ years of experience in Banking/Financial Services with specific focus on Corporate Credit Risk & Portfolio Management.
• Possess superior knowledge of Credit Risk Management Best Practices including but not limited to pertinent Basel II & Basel III Framework on Credit Risk Management and Capital Adequacy requirements.
• Possess strong Quantitative skills and solid experience in Developing, Validating and Monitoring of Risk Models
• Sound business knowledge of Credit Products
• Good understanding of Basel II/III
• Experience of handling Large Data and Strong Analytical skills
• Excellent Portfolio Management & Credit Risk Modelling, Analytical, and Research skills.
• Experience working with large and complex data sets.
• Proficient in Data Query Language SQL
• Proficient in the use of Statistical Software Packages such as SAS and R
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, with Programming experience using VBA
• In-depth knowledge of Financial Markets and Products.
• In-depth understanding of Risk Methodologies, Interest Rate Modelling, VAR, and/or other Complex Financial Risk Modelling.
• Ability to work independently on multiple Tasks and/or Projects.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
• Adequate knowledge of IT Systems/Applications.
• Proficiency in Risk Concepts, Banking Products/Operations/Systems, pertinent Regulatory requirements, International Accounting Standards and related Pronouncements, including related Best Practices.
• Self-motivated, with an eye for detail.
• Flexible Team Player and able to work and deliver under pressure.
• Ability to inspire and motivate others to gain commitment.
• Knowledge of the Credit Scoring Systems available in the Market and their use.
• European Nationals preferred to diversify Team mix.
If suitable and interested in this excellent opportunity, please attach updated CV’s in word.doc format for review. Alternatively, should you know anyone suitable and interested, please kindly refer across. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 5-7 working days.
About the Company
Global Bankers Search & Selection Ltd provides specialist recruitment services to Clients in the Banking and Financial Services sector. We work with a diverse range of Organisations and have an excellent track-record of identifying and attracting high-calibre, mid senior executive level Candidates based globally for Permanent, Interim and Contract positions. We also offer a comprehensive, bespoke Search and Selection and Mapping Service.
Our Consultants are experienced professionals with an in-depth knowledge of the industry, so they fully understand the kinds of challenges you face. Our searches span the UK / GCC / MENA / Far East / Asia Pacific Regions. Our network of contacts includes talented professionals within, but not limited to, the following specialisms:
Finance & Accounting Investment Banking / Investment Management Retail Banking Islamic Banking Corporate & Commercial Banking Private Banking & Wealth Management Treasury IT into Finance HR into Banking & Finance Mortgage & Secured Loans Brokerages Lenders & Packagers