Job description / Role
Our client is a newly established college offering an American style education, degrees, and majors, with the motive to educate and serve the people of Kuwait as well as international students. The University provides high quality, relevant, and varied educational programs and opportunities for the intellectual, cultural, and personal growth of all members of its community. The University values its role as an educational leader that promotes individual development and improves the overall quality of life in a diverse community. It offers academic and professional programs, which lead to degrees from the associate through baccalaureate and masters.
The Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs will serve as a senior member of the Division of Academic Affairs team; the AVPAA provides direction to and managerial oversight of a variety of initiatives designed to positively impact student success, retention, and timely graduation. He/she will supervise all activities, programs, and services related to academic advising and academic support, including academic remedial and skill building programs and testing. The AVPAA will serve as conduct officer for all cases involving violations of academic policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as the conduct officer in all cases involving alleged violation of academic policies, including those in the Student Code of Conduct and the Academic Honesty Policy.
• Provide leadership in the planning and development of operations processes as well as the evaluation for the college academic development programs.
• Lead initiatives with college departments, to enhance academic readiness for all students.
• In collaboration with Student Life, implement academic intervention programs designed to identify and enhance the chances of success of students at risk.
• Develop and administer related program budgets; including forecasting funds required for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies; monitor division expenditures.
• Provide training and development initiatives for staff thus ensuring each member's effective contributions to student success.
• Maintain accurate, organized and detailed records and develop/maintain reports as required or assigned for retention purposes.
• Coordinate, implement, and evaluate transition programs for new, transfer, and graduating students.
• Develop and maintain policy and procedure manuals related to unit programs and services.
• Assist in the identification, implementation, and evaluation of technology programs intended to enhance the operations of departments.
• Keep abreast of developments in higher education fields as related to assigned functions.
Experience and Education:
• Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution, PhD strongly preferred.
• Significant work experience in the Academic Affairs profession, at least 5 years.
• Three to five years of experience supervising professional level staff.
• Experience with program development and assessment.
• Experience with designing academic systems and programs that support student learning, persistence, and retention.
Compensation and Benefits
Our client offers a competitive salaries and benefits package that includes housing, Health Insurance and Mobilization Costs.
Please apply online.
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
About the Company
At Alderwood, we pride ourselves on best practice recruitment, tailored for the Work Based Learning, Welfare to Work and Education sectors. Our core values and attributes are important to use and underline our proven ability to deliver results
Director Dean's Office
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||22 Sep|
Associate Vice President for Enrollment
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)