Job description / Role
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
The AutoCAD Technician services shall include editing and producing documents, providing courier services between contractor and Government counterparts, and providing timely delivery services.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Prepare required reports for management review and assist managers with administrative actions required, including data entry
- Prepare detailed finished drawings from engineering concept sketches, existing redlined drawings, and schematics
- Use Spatial Data Standards for Facilities, Infrastructure, and Environment (SDSFIE), use surveying equipment such as a theodolite, geodimeter, and Trimble GPS Rover, and create topographical maps.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to create architectural, electrical, mechanical, structural, and civil design drawings using AutoCAD, and knowledgeable in engineering tables, plans, and specifications
- Excellent communications, effective leadership and interpersonal skills
- Computer literate; can use Microsoft Office and Project, etc
- Ability to fluently read, write, speak, and understand English
- Ability to become familiar with the local culture and customs and to conduct themselves accordingly
- Additional knowledge/skills may be required by contract or assignment.
Experience & Education
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experienced working with AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Visual Basic, and building information modeling software of which one (1) year shall have been working on AutoCAD/Auto CAD Civil 3D 2012/GIS.
- Must have experience working with architectural, civil, mechanical, and electrical designs, must be knowledgeable of engineering tables, plans, and specifications, and must have working knowledge of computer networks.
- Additional experience/education may be required by contract or assignment
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
About the Company
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.