Job description / Role
Brand Manager will be responsible for the entire brand ,further key responsibilities include developing and delivering an annual operating plan, purchasing and sales forecasting, budget planning and implementation, inventory management, product launches and promotions, supplier interface, advertising and market research. The Brand Manager shall follow the brand guidelines within the instructed concept and promote the brand’s products in the way that will not be detrimental to the image and reputation of the brand.
• Develop and implement appropriate Brand strategy by selecting, segmenting and targeting markets, and promoting products and services to those markets
• Conduct competitor analysis and regular benchmarking, maintain awareness of market trends and new entrants in the retail industries, understanding forthcoming customer initiatives and monitoring local competitor’s performance
• Set up with Marketing Manager the yearly media plan, arrange the brand events to generate additional sales throughout the year and opening new channels for corporate sales
• Prepare a monthly and yearly management report in order to reach the ideal and optimized stock and develop an efficient stock management system whereby fast moving and slow moving items are identified
• Advice & coordinates with sales department to dispatch the goods to the points of sales as per their needs and define the right assortment according to the retail environment
• Develop and maintain brand price list for retail and corporate sales
• Provide Sales Manager and General Manager with a monthly brand sales-in and sale-out report & quarterly sales forecasts
• Prepare monthly review report to sales manager and recommend necessary actions.
• Achieve brand preset targets
• Implement visual merchandising guidelines in coordination with Visual merchandiser
• Prepare and report P&L budget for the following year
• Identify new opportunities and plan replenishment supplies
• Identify and analyze the brand’s strengths and weaknesses, and respond to opportunities and threats in the marketing environment
• Create brand sales terms & condition for point of sale and after sales
• Identify new spaces & location for brand presence
• Train and update the sales staff in appropriate products knowledge
• Provide after sales department with the latest information and organize training sessions
• Receives general supervision from the Senior Brand Manager
• Exercises functional and technical supervision over the Merchandisers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Functional understanding of luxury retailing with the ability to implement best practices across brands.
• Should be positive and flexible and willing to work under pressure in a cross functional team.
• Strong Systems knowledge and analytical skills.
• Team Management
• Excellent communication skills (Oral & Written)
• Organizational skills
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Business Administration/Finance, or a closely related field from an accredited college or university. MBA would be a plus.
Candidate should have Five to Seven years work experience, with a solid background in the retail industry particularly at a brand management level.
About the Company
Trafalgar is an internationally recognized luxury retailer with 14 specialized boutiques in Kuwait and over 40 years of operating expertise. From its humble beginnings in 1972, Trafalgar continues to build in popularity as it provides its loyal customers the best in fine jewellery, watches and couture.
The brands in Trafalgar’s portfolio have steadily increased during the past decade. Today, Trafalgar represents many of the highly recognized and respected luxury brands. Although its focus was the watch and jewelry field, Trafalgar has over the past 7 years entered the world of fashion. With a portfolio of 14 POS spread throughout the most recognized shopping centers of Kuwait, over 150 employees, and an unmatched reputation for professional ethics, Trafalgar is well geared to meet future challenges.
Remaining true to its identity as an independent company, Trafalgar today is managed by Amer Alansari and his wife Christiane. Combining their individual strengths (Amer Alansari’s educational background in business management and hospitality, and Christiane’s in the field of retailing and fashion design), the company is looking forward to the many new adventures it will surely face.