Job description / Role
Our client is a leading retail company with a global presence and an empire within the Middle East region. They are seeking to expand their workforce and are looking for a Budget Control and Finance Analyst / Associate Manager - based in their Kuwait office.
Our client is an established and well-known group that offers a number of products and services of the best quality to their customers. It is the largest retail store in the Middle East, and is present since 2005 with operations in Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Qatar and Oman.
* Examining financial data to make sure all operations are within budget, such as revenues, expenses, and cash management.
* Examine petitions for budgetary authorisation.
* Forecast future budget needs.
* Identify variances between actual and budgeted financial results at the end of each reporting period.
* Suggest spending improvements that increase profits.
* Check the company's budget to make sure it complies with all applicable laws.
* Ensure department managers adhere to the dates for budget submission.
The successful candidate for this role will be offered a monthly competitive salary and a chance to work in a fun, diversified, team. This is an exciting opportunity for a Budget Control and Finance Associate to further progress their career with a growing Retail group.
* 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience.
* International accounting qualification is preferred: CA, ACCA, or CPA.
* Bilingual in Arabic / English is a necessity
* SAP experience is a must.
* Preferably someone from a retail background
* Strong report writing, analytical, presentation and communication skills.
* High level of integrity and dependability with strong sense of urgency and details & results-oriented
* Strong accounting and technical skills
* Good communications skills, along with the ability to work well with a team
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.