Job description / Role
The Business Accounts Manager will be required to have in-depth knowledge on all accounting, finance, taxation and audit matters. The role requires high level of expertise in the Middle Eastern market, along with a preference for a retail background. Managing a team will be a key requirement of this role as well.
Accounting & Monthly closing
* Able to handle the complete accounting of various entities in UAE & Iraq independently.
* Finalization of accounting for monthly and annual closing
* Knowledge of IFRS, accounting standards & practices
* Responsible for accounting in accordance with company's Chart of Account.
* Ensure correct application of company policy and procedures
* Posting and accounting transaction in accordance with company's Chart of Account.
* Has to ensure integrity and correctness of all accounting data and transactions
* Able to meet strict deadlines
Audit & Tax
* Capacity to independently manage the annual audit and finalization of audit reports
* Substantiate and authenticate transactions by reviewing all supporting documents
* Good understanding of tax norms and ensure to meet Tax dead lines with respect to Monthly, Quarterly & Annual basis.
* Age preferably between 32 to 38
* Minimum Qualification - B. Com., CA + 10 year experience in Retail Entity in account department.
* Well versed with Oracle ERP System and Excel
* Good Interpersonal skills and team leading experience
About the Company
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey, Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at pace.
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton by Hilton.
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer experiences.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Sr. Financial Analyst
Abu Dhabi Ports
Accounting & Finance Manager
Worldwide Energy Marketing & Consulting Inc.
A Leading Water & Beverages Company in Saudi Arabia