Job description / Role
• Work with the Managing Director and the heads of each department to identify potential improvement areas to be further evaluated
• Develop a close understanding of all key internal business processes and practices within the key functions: sales, commercial, operations, manufacturing, supply chain, logistics, procurement, human resources and finance.
• Agree a strategy and implementation road map, taking account of the ‘quick wins’ and the development opportunities that will have the greatest impact.
• Take account of the financial considerations for each business improvement project and perform a cost-benefit analysis to ensure the commercial viability of the change
• Develop close positive relationships with all personnel to ensure their input is gained, the improvements are fully understood and ‘buy-in’ is achieved
• Work with the departmental heads on any training needs that might be required for staff
• Continually keep a close monitor of new ways of working and best practice techniques evaluating how these could be of benefit to the company
• Evaluate the success of all improvement projects, ensuring that goals are achieved and making additional changes to maximise value.
• Become involved in any problem areas that need close attention – this could also be a ‘one-off’ issue that exposes a business shortcoming.
• Conduct a ‘root-cause analysis’ of the issue to find the real cause and put forward recommendations to minimise a re-occurrence of the problem.
• Degree educated in a business discipline. MBA qualification would also be an advantage but is not essential
• Mid-level manager who is looking for more autonomy and responsibility to benefit a company with their knowledge of ‘best practice’ techniques and ideas.
• Experience of working within one of the big consultancy or accountancy practices providing advice to manufacturing or service companies is desirable
• A good understanding of how a business works, taking account of key functions such as sales, supply chain, logistics, manufacturing and procurement.
• Up-to-date of the latest modern management techniques for business improvement
• Process-oriented and enjoys a mandate to challenge the status quo, but only with an idea of improvement – not ‘change for change-sake’
• Good project management skills and organizational capability – high level finisher
• Analytical, creative and self-motivated to achieve objectives
• Strong commercial skills with an eye for detail of the cost v benefit improvement decisions
About the Company
Listgrove limited, established in 1975, has grown entirely by organic expansion, rather than mergers or acquisitions. Our passion is to help organisations maintain a competitive edge by maximising the performance of their people. We provide a complete range of Recruitment and Human Resource Management solutions for today’s manufacturing industries, with Strength-in-depth in plastics, packaging and related sectors that sets us apart in the market place. Unrivalled experience and specialist expertise underpins Listgrove’s ability to provide successful solutions against demanding and diverse assignment briefs.
The company has established a leading presence in many of the key global markets for professional recruitment and has positioned itself with other HR services which offer the opportunity for future growth. Within the UK market, Listgrove has also built a strong regional presence, consequently Listgrove is among the most widely recognised brands in the manufacturing sector.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Supply Chain & Logistics Manager
Middle East Executive
Manufacturing Plant Manager
China Railway Construction Corporation (CRCC)
|Abu Dhabi||6 Sep|
HR Plus Consultancy
|Kuwait City||1 Sep|