Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Maintain, grow, and be responsible for existing focused software business partners revenue streams
- Develop, grow and be responsible for new revenue streams from strategic transformation software areas for IBM Cloud and solutions.
- Drive partners to overachieve pipeline and revenue targets
- Identify, recruit, and activate new partners in key areas and cover offerings and solutions coverage GAPs
- Acquisition and development of new and existing customers to complement the strategy and focus of the partner - across all solutions areas of IBM Cloud.
- Organizing, implementing and controlling the activities needed to achieve the sales goals
- Drive transformation to Strategic Imperatives (Cloud) and higher value solutions, via specific enablement and GTM activities and developing key solutions skills expertise and certifications.
- Be responsible for weekly cadence and business management processes within the partner and into IBM Channel Management.
- Responsible for a transparent business including forecasts, market information, competition information and customer related information
- Responsible for ensuring a high level of integrity and trust with the Partner, driving loyalty and close Partner relationship to achieve successful, stable and transparent business
- Create and manage Partner Growth Plans and specific business plans with relevant partners, customers or markets / solution areas
- Implementation of customized marketing and business development activities and be responsible for the aligned marketing budgets available.
- Responsible for Partner & customer satisfaction
- Ensure appropriate executive relationships with the Partner
- Participation at events and trade fairs if necessary
- Must be prepared to travel
- Conduct business review with partners and recommend improvements.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 8 years experience in Software related channel sales
- Demonstrated experience in Cloud
- Minimum 10 years Channel sales experience in enterprise IT market
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proven sales track record in both direct and channel sales
- Understanding and implementation of solutions selling
- Ability to manage customers at all levels
- Technical background is a bonus
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company's Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM's global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients' growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.