Job description / Role
• To manage your Kitchen section with regard to supervision of food preparation and service according to set standards, customer satisfaction and high level of sales in line with company policies and regulations.
• Responsible for guiding the Cooks and Commis and in the performance of their jobs in accordance to Hotel policies and procedures.
• Responsible for ensuring daily storeroom requisitions and sufficient supplies during Kitchen operation are rotated and used in a FIFO system.
• Responsible for the proper maintenance and good working order of all equipment.
• Responsible for consistently implementing Policies and Procedures in operating the Kitchen.
• Responsible for establishing and maintaining high sanitation standards in the Kitchen.
• Responsible for the Kitchen’s operation in the absence of the Sous Chef.
• Maintain good morale and co-operation within the team.
• Communicate effectively with subordinates, immediate superior and other department heads.
• Implement all the food policies and procedures in the Kitchen.
• Recognize good quality products and presentation.
• Check and maintain all service standards established for the Kitchen.
• Know the requisition point and par stock level for kitchen supplies.
• Constantly strive for new innovative ideas in menu and new concepts of production and presentation.
• Know and understand all the kitchen policies and procedures in food production.
• Assure sufficient mise-en-place for the elaboration of the all menu according to recipe manuals.
• Direct kitchen brigade in maximising all resources to achieve high quality and excellent all over cost control.
• Recommend corrective actions for unfavourable variances Food cost commitments.
• Manage the preparation and distribution of Kitchen items to all outlets and functions under detailed instructions from superior.
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
• Supervise associate activities to maximize revenue and minimize costs, and minimize the possibilities of accidents and cross contaminations.
• Attend meetings and training sessions organized by the Hotel management for the position.
• Capable of expressing clearly, listening and absorbing information.
• Prepare, conduct and supervise training for Cooks and Commis.
• Coach and counsel Cooks and Commis effectively with their daily tasks.
• Deputise in the absence of the Sous Chef / Superior.
• Maintain high sanitation standard throughout the Kitchen and working stations.
• Ensure that subordinates personal hygiene is always up to the highest standard.
• Work in a safe manner in accordance to HACCP regulations.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.