Job description / Role
Mövenpick Hotel & Resort Al Bida'a Kuwait is situated on a stunning beach with white sand merging into azure waters. Located just 15 minutes from Kuwait International Airport and ten minutes from Kuwait's well-known shopping district in Salmiya, our 5 star hotel has a location that suits both business and leisure travellers alike. Shopping destinations, restaurants and a cinema complex are also located nearby for those who would like to discover the city.
Under the general guidance and supervision of the executive chef, and within the limits of established Movenpick policies, assists in the overseeing and directing of all aspects of the hot production.
- Organizes kitchen operations and prepares and serves a range of dishes, whilst supervising junior members of the Kitchen Brigade. Promotes the work culture and the company's core values.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Informs on a daily basis the direct supervisor on all relevant information on operational and personal matters, including information which does not require the executive chef's action.
- Checks function sheets and sees to it that all food items for restaurants, banquets and special functions are prepared on time and meet quality and quantity standards.
- Takes proper inventory of food items in his section.
- Prepares on daily basis food requisitions as assigned.
- Maintains cleanliness in all assigned areas, including refrigerators and freezers.
- Performs duties common to all supervisors and other duties as maybe assigned.
- Controls cost by minimizing spoilage, waste, proper storage and exercising strict portion control.
- Supervises and participates in the preparation of assigned lunch and dinner buffets, special functions, banquets and restaurants supply.
- Makes daily production list for his/her section.
- Ensures that Movenpick cost control policies and procedures are followed.
- Produces with his/her staff all products according to Movenpick recipes.
- Observes and tests all food being cooked samples all food before it is served.
- Organize shifting in the section with regard to mise-en-place production and its service
- Give tasks to Demi Chefs and Commis Chefs and check that they are carried out in the correct manner.
- Report any problems regarding failure of machinery and small equipment to the Chef de cuisine and to follow up and ensure the necessary work has been carried out.
- Check the main information board regarding changes in any Banquets or other information regarding the organization.
- Keep the section clean and tidy.
- Pass all information to the next shift
- Accidents and sickness to be written in log Book and report to the Executive Chef / Chef de Cuisine
- Check Demi Chefs / Commis Chefs on his/her section: e.g. regarding personal hygiene.
- Assist the Chef de cuisine in composing new recipes and menu ideas.
- Have a complete understanding of and adhere to the company's policy relating to fire, hygiene and safety.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong leadership, training and motivational skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work in stressful fast paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Flexibility of availability e.g., Weekends and public holidays
- Sound knowledge about all kinds of cooking techniques and methods
- Should have creative mind
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive kitchen experience in a luxury hotel kitchen or a related field.
- Good command of English both verbal and written and one other language used by majority of staff.
- Diplomas/certifications in culinary arts or equivalent .
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates at Accor worldwide.
- Learning programs through our Academies.
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21.
- All Heartist Program with exclusive discount card dedicated to Accor employees offering discounted rates for hotel stays, dining, travel, shopping and lot more!
- Career opportunities across a network of international brands in more than 5100 hotels across 110 countries.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.