Job description / Role
Our client is an international payment services company. Currently they are looking to hire a Chief Technology Officer for their office in Kuwait.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Chief Technology Officer will oversee all technology services, product analysis, software architecture activities, cloud, security, release planning, Help Desk, disaster recovery and business continuity at the Company. The Job holder is responsible for owning rapid development processes, and managing the rapid development team in its development of the Company's products
• Responsible to lead rapid development team to the completion of design and development under aggressive timelines.
• Define standards, policies, procedures, measures, and organizational enhancements to meet company goals for the Product & Technology Management group.
• Develop and monitor department budgets and forecasts
• Mentor staff members in order to assist them in cultivating their skills
• Establish compensation, training, short and long-term goals
• Review technical designs created for conformance to development standards, appropriate design choices
• Create technical design for large and complicated projects
• Evaluate new technologies and make recommendations and decisions on inclusion into the Company development methodologies and product architecture
• Create implementation plan and documentation to be followed by development staff. - Research and evaluate third party software for usage in development lifecycle to aid efficiency and/or quality
• Define development standards and methodologies
• Define design documentation methodology and philosophy
• Utilize ingenuity and inventive thinking to evaluate options for design and deriving the best solutions based on sound analytical judgment, team input and the customers' best interest
• Manages all research, development, and product design initiatives
• Manage the overall department of Information Technology
• Be responsible for all quality assurance related issues for all developed applications and services
• Be responsible for make sure that the company infrastructure, clouds and disaster recovery related issues are in place and monitored all the time
• Support all the activities related to global Help desk is in place and assure that the development for it is going on all the time.
• Maintain the weekly reporting for all the units within the IT department
• Arrange to develop a mechanism for the presales activities to support the upper manager in communicating with all commercial units of the company
Qualifications & Experience:
• University degree in Information Technology
• Master Degree is preferred
• Over Seven years of experience in a similar position
• Over three years of managerial experience.
• Excellent Management skills
• Excellent Communication and presentation skills
• Banking background
• Detail oriented
• Team Motivator
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering