Job description / Role
Performs a combination of duties necessary to provide engineering support. Duties in this area are focused on planning and scheduling of conventional Civil /Structural Engineering application specifically applicable to plant structural components, however, also performs general duties in support of the overall Engineering processes as required.
• Computer-aided design and drafting of site layout, roadway, grading, and utility systems using tools including, but not limited to AutoCAD Civil3D and WaterCAD.
• Leads report preparation, site reconnaissance, and communications with the AECOM project team.
• Comprehends regulations and employs or develops standards and theories necessary to carry out project design and permitting work.
• Organize and prepare reports, maps, drawings, tests, and other topographical and geologic data to plan and design projects.
• Incorporates schedules, budgets, constructability, and other project criteria into Civil design and layouts.
• Conduct occasional site reconnaissance to examine field conditions, drainage and erosion control needs, as built conditions, etc.
• Work closely with the project team, including civil, geotechnical, traffic engineers, surveyors, and senior designers to provide value to each project.
• Oversees entry-level engineers and technicians, and works under limited supervision of Project Manager or Senior Civil Engineer.
• Exercise judgement needed to develop and execute scopes of work, make decisions and methodology and material selections, and adaptations of engineering alternatives under limited supervision.
• Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Must be a degreed civil/structural engineer (licensed civil/structural engineer is preferred), have a minimum of four (4) years of design experience and be capable of providing civil design services including preparation of civil/site work drawings, structural evaluations and designs, and water/sewer designs based on existing local utilities and facility load and use. This engineer must be proficient in AutoCAD 2012 or later, and use AutoCAD to create presentable and accurate facility and infrastructure plans for concept and statement of work requirements for project execution.
• Demonstrated proficiency with AutoCAD and/or Civil3D designs for civil engineering related projects including grading, roadway, stormwater, and pipe networks.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Strong organizational, technical, and communications skills.
• Commitment to working efficiently to complete tasks within allotted schedule constraints.
• Due to the nature of this work, qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
• Due to the nature of this work, U.S. citizenship is required. Must possess a valid driver's license.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting and use of a computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while writing, reviewing, and editing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, and constant mental alertness. Must possess planning/organization skills, and must be able to work under deadlines.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
About the Company
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.