Job description / Role
• Provision applications/services, as well as customer services on the core infrastructure
• Respond to customer calls and address their requests for service troubleshooting or re-configuration within the parameters of their subscribed service and SLA
• Implement server/network builds/installs and application installs/upgrades, as well as applying software patches to any component within the digital services software
• Maintain system/network documentation, operational logs, and all manuals of processes and procedures used throughout normal operations
• Continuously develop knowledge and skills in digital services operation in cloud environments, particularly with regard to our own architecture and digital platforms
• Participate in a 24x7 call-out rotation should a requirement develop if business need is required
• Support multiple systems/applications of medium to highly complex (complexity defined by size, the technology used, and system feeds and interfaces) with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity, and accessibility
• Work within a team of like-minded professionals to plan, deploy, and maintain critical business applications
• Design and implement appropriate environments for those applications, engineer suitable release management procedures and provide production support.
• Develop enhanced production monitoring and additional capability
• Acts as the technical liaison between operations teams, engineers and architects, providing critical operational insight to upcoming implementations and strategies, including validation of ongoing solutions supportability
• L2/L3 customer contact for incident resolution and request fulfillment
• Reproduce issues and finding root causes
• Drives the issues along the ticket workflow until resolution and closure with vendor and customer
• Continuously assess improvement potential for process, methods and products
• Coordinate with the field team to support any backend issues in the applications if required
• 6 to 7 years of overall experience in Digital Services Operations, Maintenance and Support with a preference in VSaaS, RPM, Smart Energy ,Smart Logistics ,etc
• Previous hands-on experience at least 3 years of the total experience with operation and support of digital services hosted in a cloud environment
• Hands-on experience in Linux / Windows Administration is a plus
• Hands-on experience in Storage/Backup solutions is a plus
• Hands-on experience in Network /Security Devices is a plus
• Ability to use a wide variety of open-source technologies and cloud services
• Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
• Strong experience with private Cloud technologies (Hyper-V, VMware, etc.)
• Experience in supporting containerized workloads docker, EKS, Kubernetes
About the Company
Founded in 1996, Halian is an IT services company with a strong track record of delivering value for our customers across the UK, Europe, The Middle East and Africa.
The experience we have gained means that we can help our clients reduce information technology costs, increase IT systems performance, and free up valuable internal resource to focus on core business activities. Our knowledge base covers a variety of industry sectors including Government, Healthcare, Telecommunications and Pharmaceuticals, as well as a specialist Financial markets capability in our Luxembourg office.
We operate with a culture of openness and trust that helps us to develop strong working relationships with our clients and with our core technology partners Dell, Oracle, Red Hat and Symantec.
Our three key service offerings of Managed Services, Resourcing Services and Professional Services can be used independently or integrated to provide a truly comprehensive service.