Job description / Role
Reports to the General Manager
- Oversee planning, development, coordination, implementation, and management of engineering activities for Ibis Salmiya & Sharq Hotel infrastructure and facilities.
- Direct the Hotel's Engineering Department.
- Coordinate preventive maintenance, repairs and safety process with outside contracting companies.
- Manage and coordinate all engineering facilities and activities for the Hotel; manages engineering projects to ensure compliance with contract requirements, schedules, and engineering budgets.
- Direct and coordinate a staff of technicians engaged in the development, design, and planning of systems to increase the quality and efficiency of services provided.
- Approve plans, specifications, and design strategies submitted by design and/or engineering consultants; review and approve construction drawings for capital projects.
- Develop and establish engineering and construction policies, objectives, and systems consistent with the achievement of overall Ibis Hotel goals, objectives, and strategic plans.
- Serve as Ibis Hotel's primary source of engineering expertise; provides high-level engineering consultation and systems design services, and oversees, coordinates, and monitors the quality of internal engineering consulting services provided to guests and associates.
- Knowledge and understanding of mechanical, electrical, structural, and civil engineering design principles as applicable to construction/renovation.
- Develop, plan, and implement short and long-range goals.
- Demonstrate ability to direct and manage both technical and administrative staff.
- Examine and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Direct engineering and construction project inspection programs and ensure contractor compliance with codes.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Ensure contractor compliance with Ibis Hotels goals, project objectives, and contractual provisions; directs and performs on-site construction inspections and records management.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Ibis Hotel design and construction standards; ensures compliance with standards, as well as with Kuwaiti state codes and ordinances.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations, codes, protocols, and procedures pertinent to public sector engineering and construction activities
- Participate in the development of annual operating and capital budgets for the department.
- Oversee the supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluate performance and make recommendations for personnel actions; motivate employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Advanced skills in project planning and project management.
- Supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Knowledge of project budgeting and fiscal management.
- Monitor employee development and performance management skills.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction records management principles and procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of capital and operating budgets and budgeting practices.
- Prepare engineering documents, specifications and cost estimates for projects.
- Make objective business and administrative decisions based on comparative cost-benefit analysis.
- Manage Accor Systems such as: OPEN, SET, MACH as requested.
- Foster a cooperative work environment.
- University graduate in Engineering.
- At least 5 years experience in the same capacity preferably in 4* or 5* Hotels.
- Autocadd / Eng'g BMS
- Pleasant / Warm Personality
- Excellent leadership skills; Proactive
- Health in good condition
- English and conversational Arabic
- Ability to direct and manage both technical and administrative staff.
- Has strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.