Job description / Role
COMSEC Repairer is responsible for troubleshooting and repairs of COMSEC equipment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Troubleshooting and repairs of cryptographic devices and other electronic equipment (e.g. receiver/transmitters, both commercial and tactical, circuit cards, telecommunications devices, telephones, teletypes, intrusion detection systems, AOAP spectrometer and similar items and equipment).
- Provide technical advice and assistance to lower level technicians as required.
- Diagnose cause(s) of malfunctions, identify faulty components and repair to operational standard.
- Adhere to all quality and environmental standards in coordination with ESH plan
- Manages assigned resources necessary to accomplish the mission.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance actions on COMSEC systems as identified by density listing.
- Adhere to ISO Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- The COMSEC repairer must be able to test faulty equipment and apply comprehensive technical knowledge of functional operation of electronic units and systems to diagnose cause(s) of malfunctions, apply repairs and to solve complex problems.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- The COMSEC repairer must have 5 years of experience in electronic repair/maintenance and must be qualified to repair KG-81, KG-82, KG-83, KG-84, KG-194, KY-57/58, KI-1C, KY-90, KY-68, KY-78, HGX-82, KGX-93, KT-83 & RT-1523
Certification, License & Clearance:
- Driver's license may be required
- Secret Clearance is required.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of governing regulations, policies, and procedures
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of the Logistics STAMIS in use and must have the ability to supervisor mechanics, provide information, reports, resolve issues, recommend actions to improve delivery of service, coordinate special requirements with production control and shift leads.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills.
- Must possess the appropriate verbal and written communications to conduct meetings, evaluate plans, and prepare reports, plans and working instructions.
Work Environment, Physical Demands & Mental Demands:
- Ability to perform job duties efficiently and effectively.
- Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures.
- Must be able to endure long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
About the Company
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.