Job description / Role
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are looking for a Construction Safety Specialist to ensure that Health & Safety policies and procedures are effectively embedded across the project in compliance with the local and International rules and regulations.
A typical week would include:
• Assist and advise in defining and maintaining safe operation and working conditions throughout the contract for both general public, site personnel and visitors
• Ensure compliance of traffic management plans and site traffic detours for all safety aspects
• Review Safety Plans and Safety Procedures on site
• Perform Audits on Safety Measures on site
• Review of all critical shop drawings
• Review of construction method statements proposed by the contractor
• Review any design amendments proposed by the contractor particularly for critical elements
• Quality control inspections of critical works
• Coordinate with the general public and other government agencies regarding safety and traffic management
• Monitor the overall site for cleanliness and safety
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
• Minimum of 15 years experience in health & safety in major roads construction supervision projects
• Hold BSc Degree, a NEBOSH Diploma, or other relevant qualification
• Chartered Member of IOSH(CMIOSH), or working towards this status(GradIOSH)
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.