Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transitions. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world?
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
- Ensure that contractors comply with all aspects of the Worksite HSE Plan and policy; site regulations, permit to work, WorleyParsons, and Customer requirements.
- Ensure that construction contractors adhere to the latest approved for construction (AFC) project drawings, specifications, procedures, and site instructions.
- Ensure by leadership and guidance that contracted works meet all practical, commercial, requirements of productivity, quality, and contract target completions.
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of construction contractors. Maintain daily supervisory surveillance checks and records ensuring that contractor's management and supervision are providing safe working conditions and permitting procedures, all required competent personnel, protective equipment, adequate supervision, and manpower, with reliable, well-maintained equipment to execute the contracted works as per contract schedule and targets
- Routinely study, check and review all contractor scope as detailed in drawings, specifications, and instructions, ensuring contractors proper interpretation and compliance with the lasted AFC drawings and specifications
- Ensure proper change control by issuing Field Instructions for all changes, reviewing Site Queries to ensure responses are appropriate and practical, and reviewing Advanced Revision notices prior to issue to contractors to ensure the correct use of construction resources.
- Ensure contractor's dimensional control methods for checking that the works are properly set out and supervise specialist surveying contractors where necessary
- Ensure Quality inspectors and contractor supervisors carry out the witness, inspection, and surveillance checks in accordance with the WorleyParsons Quality Plan and the requirements of the Quality Control Manager
- Ensure that contractors are working in the required work areas, locations, and elevations and that work sequence and interfaces with other contractors are both coordinated and planned to provide continuous working to meet contract schedules.
- Ensure that all construction materials, embedded items, special fixtures are approved for use and that they are stored, protected, and available to workforce locations as required.
- Promote and maintain WorleyParsons, Customer, and contractor best practice working relationships.
- Attend Contractor progress meetings as required.
Who you are :
- You are an individual who is self-motivated, proactive, and works well with a team.
- You will be seen as the Subject matter specialist for the resolution of issues arising across all areas of the job and be able to clearly explain complex processes that surround the role
- We expect you to ensure the integrity of the work scope and that all work is carried-out in accordance with applicable codes and standards.
- We expect you to mentor of less experienced members of staff including 'hands on' approach to the formulation and delivery of training programs for local Kuwaiti personnel.
Preferred Qualification(s) and/or Experience :
- You will possess either an engineering degree and/or an equivalent diploma from an accredited college or university. This is an essential contractual requirement.
- You will have a minimum of Ten (10) years of total minimum work experience post qualification within the Oil & Gas or petrochemical industry, with exposure to heavy oil projects. Upstream onshore experience is preferred
- You will have a minimum of Five (5) years of work experience in a related designation / specialty within a GCC country. The GCC countries referred to here are: The State of Kuwait, The Kingdom of Bahrain, The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, The Sultanate of Oman, The State of Qatar, and United Arab Emirates
- You must have work experience working within PMC projects in the above-mentioned industries
- You will have experience working with advanced engineering tools, data systems & other general office / engineering software will be given first preference
- You will have the ability to interact effectively with people of all nationalities & cultures while using clear, fluent, and expressive verbal and written language to convey information and ideas. An individual with excellent communication and people skills, a consummate developer of relationship(s) on a sustainable and long-term basis
- You will have broad based knowledge of the requirements for process engineering through all phases of project life cycle, from FEED through to Commissioning, within Oil & Gas or related industries
- You will demonstrate an ability to lead/coach/mentor colleagues and/or staff
- You will have the ability to work under tight time constraints with excellent time management and planning skills as well as manage multiple priorities
- You will be willing to engage and manage clients as required by the needs of the business and if deemed necessary by the Worley management
- You will have pre-commissioning, commissioning, and performance testing experience
What we offer you
Providing our people with an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative, and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality, and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.