Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
- Responsible for pre - award activities including bid invitation preparation, processing queries from bidders, preparation of bid evaluation programmers, evaluation of bids, negotiation, contract preparation and award formalities;
- Responsible for post - award activities including conducting kick - off meetings, coordinating all contract submittals and correspondence, preparation and processing of variation orders, claims and close out;
- Manages the drafting of Invitation to Tender packages for contracts for large O&G facilities projects. Review and, if necessary, proposes comments on and propose alternative text/clauses to client contract conditions;
- Reviews issues with legal, risk management, tax, and accounting personnel as a condition precedent to submitting to management for approval;
- Functions as a part of a negotiating team consisting of project management staff, to establish the terms and conditions of a contract;
- Monitors and ensures the business provisions of assigned contracts are administered to ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions. Keeps the Projects Contracts Manager advised as to the scope, financial, and risk features of applicable contracts;
- Ensures documentation to negotiate change orders are properly produced and maintained;
- Prepares letters to clients requesting approvals and interpretations necessary to comply with the provisions of the contract;
- Ensure project/facility acceptance documents are prepared and are followed through and that acceptances are signed by the client;
- Furnishes business and financial information requested by the client concerning the project, as delegated by the Project Manager;
- Identifies contractual problems and take appropriate action to ensure a satisfactory resolution.
- Follows up on those problems which demand management attention, to ensure timely response to the client; and Management of Contract Quality standards.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering
- Minimum 8 years total post-graduation experience
- Minimum 5 years' experience in similar role
- Extensive knowledge of Contractual Terms & Conditions and Commercial Contract Law;
- Excellent understanding & extensive experience of the procurement and contract administration processes and principles from preparation and issue of Bidders Lists, Contracting Plans and bid invitation package preparation through to award, administration and close out of Contracts;
- Strong grasp of procedural requirements & necessity of providing an Audit Trail for Management purposes; and
- Middle East/Arabian Gulf experience is preferred but not mandatory
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.