Job description / Role
Main Purpose Of Job:
• The Credit Officer will be managing and organizing the collections as well helping to resolve any disputes according to the Rapid Access credit control policy.
• Reporting into the Credit Control Manager, the Credit Officer will be part of a team responsible for credit and collection across the assigned geographical region. They will ensure the timely collection of receivables from invoice submission when the first bills become due to payment.
• The Credit Officer will be responsible for the timely collection of accounts receivable including analyzing delinquent account balances and determining the appropriate plan of action to successfully resolve overdue customer debt and minimize outstanding receivables.
• Work with the Senior Credit Controllers to manage a portfolio of customer accounts
• Visit customers to organize cash collection in order to meet cash collection targets
• Inform customers of overdue accounts and amount currently owed
• Follow up on and track all overdue customer accounts through regular collection reminder phone calls and written collection communication
• Discuss with customers to determine reasons for overdue payments
• Record customer commitment to repay debt
• Ensure that invoices are correct and issued and on time to customers
• Ensure collection is correct and made as per the agreed payment terms and credit limits
• Support the ongoing reconciliation between customer requests for credits and our own engineering records
• Reconcile customer accounts with customer statements
• Appropriately entering and allocating all cash receipts into the Finance system
• Maintaining detailed records of all collection activity
• Provide a weekly forecast of expected cash collections for the Senior Credit Controllers to review
• Report on changes from earlier cash collection forecasts
• Feedback on company issues, market issues, credit control and customer service issues
• Escalate the default customer accounts to the Senior Credit Controllers if necessary
• Daily banking and processing received cheques and cash
• Participate in and suggest continuous process improvement ideas
• Follow up on customer queries
• Appropriately issue credit notes on timely basis
KWD 385 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: company transportation
The chosen candidate will meet ALL the essential criteria below:
• High school diploma or above
• Previous experience in a credit or cash collections role
• Ability to analyze and interpret large amounts of numerical information
• Ability to deal with customers of the public on a daily basis
• Hold a current full and clean driving licence
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites Word and Excel
• Computer literate – Word and Excel
• Good standard of written and spoken English language skills
• Fluent written and spoken Arabic language skills
• Ideally have good knowledge of the local area
About the Company
Established in 1996, Rapid is the Middle East leader in powered access equipment rental & sale, and part of Europe's largest powered access rental company, Lavendon Group plc.
At Rapid, we offer wide range of MEWP's (Mobile Elevating Work Platforms), which offer a number of features making them particularly suitable for different types of applications.
- Steel Erection and construction
- Lighting and electromechanical maintenance
- Industrial and building maintenance
- Signage and Events
- Outside Broadcasting
- Telecommunications maintenance
- Facilities Management
- Airport, Ship and Highway Maintenance
As members of the team committed to providing strength on the ground and performance in the air we work with a simple business philosophy 'Your success is ours'.