Job description / Role
Culinary Operations Manager (Japanese & Mediterranean) - Kuwait
*Note: This role is based in Kuwait, and would require your relocation to Kuwait to fulfill job duties.
With consumer demand for international Japanese & Mediterranean brands growing dynamically in the Middle East and throughout our global markets, an exciting and high profile opportunity now exists to act as the culinary guardian and representative within Alshaya Food division.
- Liaise with existing, new & potential franchise brands to assure that menus and products reflect the brand identity and any localisation adjustments comply with brand standard.
- Be responsible for the continuous development of culinary standards within food division through standardisation of culinary processes.
- To provide ongoing professional development to the directly reporting Restaurant Executive Chefs across the region as well as technical input.
- Participate in interview and evaluation of Restaurant Executive Chef positions.
- Work with the Procurement function to unify purchasing opportunities where possible.
- Assist when required by the brands in the budget setting including; food cost, kitchen manning and kitchen investment for each site.
- Ensure all Health & Safety / Food Hygiene guidelines are adhered to.
- Carry out periodic visits to restaurants or other sites to analyse food specification standard gaps and take corrective measures.
- 10-15+ year's relevant experience in casual dining
- Management of Kitchen P&L
- Managing the menu development process
- Knowledge of food handling, preparation, service and operation of all kitchen equipment
- Hands-on Japanese & Mediterranean cuisine is a must
- Previous experience of managing multiple restaurants
Skills & Experience:
- Critical & Strategic Thinking
- New Product and Menu Development
- Time Management
- Focus on quality and customer service
- Leadership and motivation
- Food Production
- Culturally sensitive
About the Company
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey, Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at pace.
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton by Hilton.
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer experiences.