Job description / Role
Culinary Operations Manager (Japanese & Mediterranean) - Kuwait
*Note: This role is based in Kuwait, and would require your relocation to Kuwait to fulfill job duties.
With consumer demand for international Japanese & Mediterranean brands growing dynamically in the Middle East and throughout our global markets, an exciting and high profile opportunity now exists to act as the culinary guardian and representative within Alshaya Food division.
- Liaise with existing, new & potential franchise brands to assure that menus and products reflect the brand identity and any localisation adjustments comply with brand standard.
- Be responsible for the continuous development of culinary standards within food division through standardisation of culinary processes.
- To provide ongoing professional development to the directly reporting Restaurant Executive Chefs across the region as well as technical input.
- Participate in interview and evaluation of Restaurant Executive Chef positions.
- Work with the Procurement function to unify purchasing opportunities where possible.
- Assist when required by the brands in the budget setting including; food cost, kitchen manning and kitchen investment for each site.
- Ensure all Health & Safety / Food Hygiene guidelines are adhered to.
- Carry out periodic visits to restaurants or other sites to analyse food specification standard gaps and take corrective measures.
- 10-15+ year's relevant experience in casual dining
- Management of Kitchen P&L
- Managing the menu development process
- Knowledge of food handling, preparation, service and operation of all kitchen equipment
- Hands-on Japanese & Mediterranean cuisine is a must
- Previous experience of managing multiple restaurants
Skills & Experience:
- Critical & Strategic Thinking
- New Product and Menu Development
- Time Management
- Focus on quality and customer service
- Leadership and motivation
- Food Production
- Culturally sensitive
About the Company
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for nearly 90 of the world's most recognised retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang's, The Cheesecake Factory, Victoria's Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania. The company operates over 3,900 stores across diverse customer sectors: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment.
Alshaya's stores can be found in markets across the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and the company employs more than 53,000 people from over 120 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.