Job description / Role
Our client is looking for a Dean - School of Education to join their university in Kuwait.
The University provides high quality, relevant, and varied educational programs and opportunities for the intellectual, cultural, and personal growth of all members of its community. The University values its role as an educational leader that promotes individual development and improves the overall quality of life in a diverse community. It offers academic and professional programs, which lead to baccalaureate degrees in art and design, business, and engineering.
The school of education will immediately offer degrees in English education Math and education. It is expected to offer more programs at undergraduate and graduate levels in future years.
As the chief academic officer for the school, the dean provides strategic vision for and operational leadership of the school. The dean works to advance scholarship, education and civic engagement; encourage distinctive programmatic innovation; enhance excellence through diversity in educational programs and faculty and student recruitment; and link the work of the school's faculty and students to other disciplines, communities and interests within and outside of the academy.
The dean serves as the school's public voice, articulating its contributions to local, regional, and international communities, and pursuing an aggressive development program to build the school's resources. The Dean of the Education School is responsible for supervising all aspects of the school, including the following:
* Full time and adjunct faculty
* All degree programs within the school
* Course Scheduling
* Curriculum Development
* Course and Degree Program Assessment
* Website maintenance for the School
* Searches for new and replacement positions
* Budget for the School
* Promotion of Research and Scholarship
* Maintaining the Education Advisory Committee for the school
* Utilize his/her demonstrated experience with the American institutional accreditation system and process as well as specialized accreditation systems.
The Dean reports to the Vice President for Academic Affairs and is expected to sit in on all academic meetings with other bodies as appropriate. They are developing a university with very dynamic features, it is expected that the dean will take part in the university development.
* PhD or Doctor of Education degree from a reputable university;
* Documented record of administrative leadership experience;
* Minimum of five years of teaching and research at a higher education institute;
* Current academic rank of Professor/Associate Professor
* Demonstrated record of collaborative decision-making;
* Have experience in a multicultural and multi-linguistic environment;
* Demonstrated experience with budget management;
* An entrepreneurial spirit.
In return you will receive a competitive tax free salary + Accommodation.
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
About the Company
At Alderwood, we pride ourselves on best practice recruitment, tailored for the Work Based Learning, Welfare to Work and Education sectors. Our core values and attributes are important to use and underline our proven ability to deliver results
Dean - School of Arts and Science
Dean - School of Business
Administrator – Academic Registry Office
Assistant Professor of Psychology (Academic Year 2021/2022)
University of Balamand Dubai (UOBD)
Black Pearl Consult
|Abu Dhabi||8 Jun|