Job description / Role
What will my responsibilities look like in this role
• Supervise the submission, review and approval of all Contractors submittals and sign all technical forms on behalf of RE.
• Assist the Construction supervision staff in the evaluation of technical matters and the application of Contract document requirements.
• Prompt the day to day activities and responsibilities of Construction supervision staff.
• Ensure the contract standard of quality for all executed works on site is achieved.
• Supervise the logging activities of all incoming and outgoing correspondence.
• Supervise the recording of in work progress, and construction changes to assist in review of Contractors 'as built' record drawings.
• Attend all major Progress meetings with Client & Construction staff, and technical meetings with SSH and various (bid pack) Contractors.
• Liaise directly on all technical and co-ordination matters with the Construction Manager.
• Advise the RE on matters requiring Head Office Support and the need for Specialist Experts.
• Prepare technical information as necessary for inclusion in the monthly progress report to be assembled by the RE.
• Ensure that all field supervision staff prepares snag lists at the initial hand over of the project and assist the RE in all hand over procedures.
What we are looking for?
• We are currently searching for a Deputy Resident Engineer to join our team in Kuwait.
• The Deputy Resident Engineer must demonstrate a minimum of 15 yrs. experience of working as a Deputy Resident Engineer on a building project in the Middle East.
What do I need to apply
• Registered Engineering Membership in Kuwait.
• Minimum of 15 years in supervisory works as Deputy Resident Engineer
• Extensive Post-Contract Supervision Consultancy and Engineering experience.
• Experience and acumen in managing and working effectively across a multi-site operation, multi-disciplinary teams and multi-divisional teams.
• Experience and acumen in managing and working effectively across all support services, divisions, internal and external stakeholders not limited to clients, statutory bodies, sub-consultants, contractors etc.
• Extensive knowledge and appreciation of industry best practices, SSH's Policies, Procedures, Manuals, Guidelines, Systems and Applications with the ability to fully implement and comply not limited to QHSE, Contracts, Stakeholder, Risk and Change Management.
• Extensive knowledge and appreciation of International and Statutory Authority requirements, codes and procedures with the ability to drive full implementation and compliance across multi-site operations.
• Motivated and enthusiastic towards continuous self improvement, and towards site project teams to achieve improvement.
• Exceptional people skills, team management acumen and stakeholder management ability.
• Extensive command of the English language (written and spoken). Knowledge and command of Arabic and/or other languages is mandatory in RTE's where required.
• B. Sc. In Architectural Engineering
SSH specialises in the delivery of world class construction projects in the MENA region. We are a rapidly expanding multidisciplinary firm with over 50 years' expertise in architecture, engineering, infrastructure and construction supervision.
SSH are respected project leaders, trusted international partners and reputable employers. We aim to be the consultant, strategic partner and employer of choice for the MENA region. Our continued participation in the region's premier construction projects reflects our world class expertise in specialist markets and our unrivalled local knowledge.
About the Company
Having been in business for 50 years, we have accumulated unparalled knowledge, skill, and creativity. We use our expertise to develop a truly tailored innovative and creative solution that is in line with our clients' specific requirements. We don't sell a "house style" - that's not our style.
The firm has its headquarters in Kuwait and has completed a wide range of projects locally and throughout the Middle East. A recent survey conducted by the World Architecture Magazine shows that SSH is currently ranked as number fifty two in the world.
We treat our employees as valued members of the team. We believe in the power of every single person who works here and the individual expertise they bring to a project. We reinforce the worth of every individual by giving them the room to excel.
SSH is registered in Kuwait with the Ministry of Planning, Ministry of Public Works, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Ministry of Defense, the Kuwait Municipality and many private enterprises.
The Firm is registered with international and bi-lateral agencies such as the United Nations Development Programme, the International Road Federation, the Arab Fund for Social and Economic Development, the Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development, the Committee for Reconstruction and Development in Lebanon.