Job description / Role
• Undertakes work in accordance with the Hospital’s procedures and operating policies; works within agreed quality frameworks.
• Conducts complete skin examinations and delivers treatment for skin diseases, Pediatric dermatologic problems and Venereal diseases.
• Prescribes hormonal agents or topical treatments such as spironolactone, antiandrogens, oral corticosteroids, retinoids, benzoyl peroxide, and antibiotics.
• Provides dermabrasion or laser abrasion to treat atrophic scars, elevated scars, or other skin conditions.
• Provides therapies such as intralesional steroids and chemical peels to treat age spots, sun damage, rough skin, discolored skin, or oily skin.
• Participates and provides leadership for organizational performance improvement activities.
• Recommends diagnostic tests based on patients' history and physical examination findings.
• Participates in assessment, implementation and evaluation of patient care needs.
• Maintains a work environment that promotes high standards for patient care, customer service, and ethical behavior.
• Monitors patients' conditions and progress and reevaluate treatments as necessary
• Guides patients on topics such as the need for annual dermatologic screenings, sun protection, skin cancer awareness etc.
• Undertakes all work in accordance with the procedures and operating policies, including Infection Control, Health and Safety, Risk Management etc.
• Compliance with Medical Ethics
• Ensures implementation of the standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of Dermatology.
• Exhibits appropriate personal and interpersonal professional behavior; practices medicine ethically.
• Recognizes limits of personal skills and knowledge by appropriately consulting other Physicians while caring for the patient.
• Shows a pattern of maintaining current personal clinical skills and knowledge by Continuing Medical Education (CME).
• Keeps up to date in developments relevant to best practice in Dermatology.
• Undertakes training and provides supervision in relation to identified training needs of staff within the service; subject to audit outcomes, identified continuing professional development and training needs.
• Participates in the provision of orientation, in-service and continuing education programs, along with other Consultants of the Department
• Helps in professional development of all staff and provides teaching materials as part of the professional development of the staff.
• Attends accredited conferences and meetings to update personal level of clinical practice, teaching and management skills in line with Continuing Medical Education (CME) requirements.
• Other Duties
• Participates in the process of developing annual budgets for the Department.
• Attends regularly scheduled meeting for the improvement of patient care services and delivery
• Accepts all other additional assignments found necessary by the Clinical Director- Dermatology.
• Bachelors’ Degree in Medicine with specialized training in Dermatology.
• Membership/ Fellowship (preferably of the Royal College), PhD or MD Degree in relevant specialty and required 5 to 7 years of experience after the PHD, Board or fellowship with main interest in cosmetics procedures.
About the Company
The New Mowasat Hospital was established in 1965. Ever since, the hospital has grown to become a leading provider of premium healthcare in Kuwait.
Following its slogan, “Caring for generations”, the New Mowasat Hospital has proven its capabilities to maintain its position, and today, the hospital is a 100-beded facility that expands over an area of 27,000 square meters and offers a full range of medical services within its luxurious premises.
The hospital is owned by Mowasat Healthcare Company (MHC) which is a publicly traded company on the Kuwait Stock Exchange. MHC is the healthcare arm of Nafais Holding Company which is focused on being the market leader within the Arabian Gulf in each of the business segments that they operate in.