Job description / Role
What we are looking for?
SSH are looking for a talented Design Architect to join our offices located in Kuwait, where we provide front-end design leadership for the wider group.
Our portfolio of live projects includes cultural, healthcare, hospitality and retail projects across the Middle East and North Africa.
We are looking for individuals with exceptional design skills and a passion for working towards excellence in design delivery. You will work as part of the wider engineering teams based in Kuwait, Dubai and Cape Town.
SSH is a master planning, infrastructure, building design, construction supervision and project management company. We are proud to present a reputation for design integrity and a portfolio of landmark projects throughout the Middle East region.
What will my responsibilities look like in this role?
The individual will work as part of an architectural design team, leading work on defined segments of a project with limited guidance and supervision of a Senior Architect or nominated supervisor. Role also includes responsibility for Statutory Authorities approvals, site back-up and mentoring of subordinate staff members.
- Personally verify the corrections and absolute accuracy of own and others work prior to review by the senior level Architect.
- Organize own and others work to achieve set deadlines.
- Lead pro-active coordination with internal and external design disciplines to achieve a high quality, consistent set of design documents or presentation.
- Proactively check and coordinate project documents (including but not limited to multi-disciplinary drawings, design reports, design calculations, technical specifications, bills of quantities, etc.) and ensure the highest quality standards are met.
- Take responsibility to ensure all design documentation of the Statutory Authorities' Approval process is delivered on time.
- Attend Client meetings.
- Confidently present work to colleagues, clients and stakeholders.
- Provide technical support to site supervision teams and resolve design related issues on site.
What do I need to apply?
- Developed Architectural Design skills an in depth understanding of the design process and interfaces between design disciplines.
- 7+ yrs of experience working in engineering consultancy as a Design Architect
- It is essential that the correct individual must be able to demonstrate extensive experience of, delivering building projects in the Middle East from concept through to detailed design as part of a multidisciplinary design team.
- Understanding of scope definition and scope interface.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and REVIT, word processing and presentation programs.
- Full knowledge of Statutory Authorities requirements knowledge of codes, regulations and submission requirements.
- Developed knowledge of Health and Safety in Design
- Developed knowledge of Fire & Life Safety Principles.
- Developed knowledge of Sustainable Design principles.
- Ability and willingness to mentor and provide support to junior subordinate staff members and spread knowledge across the wider architectural community.
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken).
- Proficiency in verbal and written Arabic is an advantage but not essential
- B.Sc or MSc in Architectural Engineering
- Registered membership of an internationally recognised engineering body is an advantage
- International Accreditation (RIBA, AIA or equivalent).
- B.Sc or MSc in Architectural Engineering
About the Company
Having been in business for 50 years, we have accumulated unparalled knowledge, skill, and creativity. We use our expertise to develop a truly tailored innovative and creative solution that is in line with our clients' specific requirements. We don't sell a "house style" - that's not our style.
The firm has its headquarters in Kuwait and has completed a wide range of projects locally and throughout the Middle East. A recent survey conducted by the World Architecture Magazine shows that SSH is currently ranked as number fifty two in the world.
We treat our employees as valued members of the team. We believe in the power of every single person who works here and the individual expertise they bring to a project. We reinforce the worth of every individual by giving them the room to excel.
SSH is registered in Kuwait with the Ministry of Planning, Ministry of Public Works, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Ministry of Defense, the Kuwait Municipality and many private enterprises.
The Firm is registered with international and bi-lateral agencies such as the United Nations Development Programme, the International Road Federation, the Arab Fund for Social and Economic Development, the Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development, the Committee for Reconstruction and Development in Lebanon.