Job description / Role
DevOps Engineer - Kuwait
As a DevOps engineer you will be responsible for managing releases, server deployments, maintenance and optimization of the AWS servers. You will be in charge of developing security reports, performance reports and managing release cycles. You will be closely working with functional agile teams responsible for the web and app based products.
• A rapidly expanding online platform, disrupting the domestic services sector with on-demand consumer services. Harnessing the power of technology to improve their customers experience across the GCC, they have huge growth plans and an ambitious vision.
• Design, develop, and operationalize AWS environments
• Build automated provisioning and deployment scripts for environments deployed on AWS
• Able to deploy node.js and angular apps
• Build, manage and support Development, Testing and Production environments
• Perform system monitoring and maintenance, including system administration Linux systems and MySQL.
• Review the weekly security scan report, review the weekly performance scan reports
• Review the vulnerability report and schedule and install system and application patches
• Monitor the system availability and respond to unscheduled outages
• Monitor and manage the system backup jobs and perform system/data recovery
• Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Business, Computer Science, or other related degree
• Must be knowledgeable in Enterprise Architecture, SOA, node.js, and/or Net Full Cycle implementation
• Experience including requirements, design, implementation, and integration and testing
• Knowledgeable of SOA products (i.e., IBM Websphere, Oracle Application Server, Weblogic and Fusion Middleware and Fuse (Enterprise Service Bus, Services Framework, Message Broker and Mediation Router), Registry/Repository, ESM, Policy Server).
• At least 2 major SOA Implementations experience; 2+ years' experience in cloud implementations
• Experience in JAVA, node.js, Web Services (SOAP, REST), ESB
• Implementation familiarity including requirements, design, implementation integration, and testing.
• Knowledge of enterprise architecture frameworks
• Experience with Application and technology integrations
• In addition to a challenging DevOps Engineer opportunity, this role will pay an attractive salary and offer occasional travel.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Technical Team Lead