Job description / Role
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
- Responsible for Planning, Engineering, Dimensioning and implementation of Core & IP Network elements and Value Added Services and their integration with other Network central elements, OSS & BSS Systems across Network. Evaluates and recommends changes to current and future network requirements to meet the organization's needs and to support business strategy and network expansion plan.
- Directs and facilitates the development of an overall strategy for the Core, IP & VAS Network Elements and leads its effective implementation
- Project supervision of Circuit Core, Packet Core (Including PCRF/PCEF/DPI), HLR/HSS, IMS Core, IP planning, & Value added Services and other Core Network Elements (STP, SS7 firewall, DRA, Entitlement Server, e-SIM and NFV/SDN inclusive of infrastructure) including roaming and interconnect business requirements and evolve network to support next generation technologies.), KPIs improvement and service quality improvement
- Plan, Design and Dimension Core Network elements like Circuit Core, Evolved Packet Core (Including PCRF/PCEF/DPI), HLR/HSS, IMS Core and other Core Network Elements (STP, DSR, Entitlement Server, e-SIM, and NFV/SDN inclusive of infrastructure) including roaming and interconnect business requirements
- Review vendors design documents and provide critical analysis, recommendations on proposed design of core network elements
- Provide signalling design, optimization, routing, and synchronization plan for 2G, 3G & LTE network, and IP network
- Responsible for Planning, Engineering, Dimensioning and Implementation of Core Data Centre Network elements and evolve network to support next generation technology.
- Drive development of innovative network and/or data centre solutions, which are aligned with new technologies for e.g. IPv6, SDN and NFV
- Prepare IP strategic planning, roadmap in alignment with Ooredoo group strategic initiatives
- Support Technology Strategy in identifying upgrade of core networks, and retirement of legacy network equipment
- Plan, Design and Dimension VAS network as well as new products and services to support business requirements
- Prepare VAS strategic planning, roadmap in alignment with marketing roadmap and Ooredoo group strategic initiatives
- Accountable at finalizing and management of yearly CAPEX targets for VAS Services, with minimum of deviations during the course of the year, and optimize the yearly OPEX. Provide strategic inputs to Business teams to help formulate future strategies and implementation plans. Also contribute from technology function to co-create business plans and product roadmap
- Strategic planning, roadmap in alignment with marketing roadmap and Ooredoo group strategic initiatives
- Participating in OOREDOO group strategies and competency centre covering strategy drafting and knowledge sharing with Ooredoo OPCO's
- To ensure stringent Regulatory & Statutory compliance in the relevant Network elements, architecture, processes and the systems
- Plan and Design geo-redundant and resilient network to eliminate single points of failure for Core Network Elements, VAS and Core Data Centre Network elements and all critical core components and services with 99.999% availability. Build standard operating procedures for business continuity in the event of system and network failures or due to Force Majeure
- Design and deliver cost effective Network Architecture and Solutions
- Proactive Monitoring of Capacity utilisation, performance metrics on equipment's, features and services and relevant actions towards growth, optimisation, re-engineering as required in line with business priorities
- Project management and supervision of Core, IP & VAS network. capacity expansion and modernization
- Bringing in cost saving measure by Identifying and implementing measures to keep the projects expenditure (avoiding change request) within budget and on schedule to avoid unbudgeted CapEx.
- Documentation of all the Planning, Engineering and Design of Network elements and architectures and updating the legacy documentation in line with changes in the business and Technology environment
Solutions & RFP:
- Prepare Technical Specifications, Statement of Compliance, Responsibility Matrix, Scope of Work and finalising Technical evaluation criteria.
- New Technologies, Solutions, functionalities and features evaluation through RFI/RFP process in Core network from multiple vendor bids as per the state of compliance and specified technical requirements.
- Interfacing and coordination with vendors of respective platforms for scope and timeline management during project implementation and delivery phase. Coordinated with the vendors for platform optimisation and improvement initiatives
- Core Network strategic roadmap planning in alignment with marketing roadmap and Ooredoo group strategic initiatives
- Device Management - Coordinate and Support OEM in certifying new Operating Software, devices and technologies
- Support Supply Chain in procurement process of Core network elements and services needed to fulfil business requirements, network modernization and expansion. Follow up on all stages from initiation to delivery/implementation ensuring sound process for purchase until deployment.
- Engages in commercial and technical negotiation with vendors
Budget Planning & Strategy:
- Contribute in budget planning (CapEx and OpEx),
- Prepare 3 Year Business Plan and Annual Operating Plan for Core Network elements and associated services.
- Align with internal business requirements and OOREDOO group Core Network strategy & Roadmap
Process & Procedure:
- Constant review of the Processes involved across Planning, Engineering activities and cutting across other functions with Technology or outside and refining them to ensure that they are customer friendly within and outside the organisation and in line with the business priorities
- Highlights project issues to senior management and make recommendations for improvements
- Proactive process driven interactions with all relevant functions within Technology & Outside to understand Voice of customers and take appropriate actions to meet the desired level of services
- Audit & Standards Compliance - Internal Audit, Security Governance, Ooredoo Group recommendations and standards compliance. This includes drafting processes and planning Network architecture Upgrades based on Audit & standards compliance.
- Supervise the work of direct reports to ensure they meet their objectives, are kept motivated and perform in accordance with their job description.
- Undertake regular on job training to ensure direct reports have the necessary skills to undertake new challenges or existing responsibilities.
- Delegate responsibility to direct reports, in accordance with their role and ability, to ensure they maximise their potential
- Proactive assessment of skill set requirements for the team members and planning for relevant development in line with the business requirements
- Proactively, take responsibility for self-improvement by staying well-informed of new technology developments and innovations in relevant field of expertise.
- Ensure appropriate succession and staff development plans are in place in order to meet the department's ongoing manpower needs.
- Conduct annual performance appraisals (Performance Management System) and ensure objectives set are monitored and achieved.
- Work to improve employee performance through personal coaching, mentoring and identifying training and development needs
- Bachelor degree in Telecommunication / Electronic Engineering or related discipline and appropriate registration with a recognised professional institute
- Degree shall be dully approved by Kuwait Society of Engineers
- 10+ years relevant experience in Core, IP & VAS Planning
- Minimum 4 years of experience of managing team
- Advanced working knowledge of GSM, UMTS, LTE 5G technologies
- Required experience with telecommunication network elements such as Circuit Core, Evolved Packet Core (Including PCRF/PCEF/DPI), HLR/HSS, IMS Core and other Core Network Elements (STP, DSR, Entitlement Server , e-SIM, and NFV/SDN inclusive of infrastructure)
- Good working knowledge on window applications software packages (e.g. MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project etc.)
- Good command of both written and verbal English, Arabic would be an advantageStrong Technical & Analytical skills
- Strong Project Management skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and presentation skills with the ability to elaborate complex technologies to a broad based audience
- Quick learner and self-starter, with a willingness to dive in and learn everything required to be successful on the job
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.