Job description / Role
VAC7939 - Director Digital Marketing
Ooredoo is an organization on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
Setting up, implementing and managing the overall company's digital marketing strategy to achieve the business goals and objectives. In addition to being responsible for developing, implementing and managing Marketing campaigns that promote the company and its products/services. Plays a major role in enhancing Brand awareness within the Digital Space as well as driving website traffic and acquiring leads/customers.
Key Accountabilities and Activities:
• Responsible for developing, implementing and managing marketing campaigns that promote the company and its products/services
• Identifies and evaluates new digital technologies and uses Web analytics tools to measure site traffic to better optimize marketing campaigns, email marketing, social media and display and search advertising
• Improve brand recognition and trust and ultimately drive purchase intent
• Build, plan and implement the overall digital marketing strategy
• Manage the strategy
• Manage and train the rest of the team
• Stay up to date with the latest technology and best practices
• Manage and oversee different digital marketing channels
• Measure ROI and KPI’s
• Prepare and manage digital marketing budget
• Oversee all the company's social media accounts
• Measure and manage online content
• Track SEO and Google Analytics data and make complex analysis
• Build and inbound digital marketing plan
• Anticipate sales performance trends
• Organize and lead digital marketing team
• Research competition, investigate benchmarks and provide suggestions for improvement
• Direct the development and execution of the Digital marketing communications initiatives including product launches, sales collateral, tradeshows, campaigns, social site presence, company website, public relations, internal communication, regulatory communications and corporate events.
• Establish, own and drive a strategic internal and external Digital communications strategy that positively affects employees' and customers' understanding, engagement and commitment with the result of an even stronger connection to the company and leads to a return on investment.
• Ensure new Digital communication campaigns and programs are aimed at reaching sales targets.
• Manage brand delivery and consistency across all markets for all product lines
• Proactively take responsibility for self-improvement by staying well-informed of developments, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise.
• Other duties as directed by supervisor or other superiors.
• Work to improve employee performance through personal coaching and identifying training and development needs.
• Conduct annual performance appraisals (Performance Management System) and ensure objectives set are monitored and achieved.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Marketing, Digital Marketing or relevant field
• 6 years of experience in developing and implementing digital marketing strategies
• In depth knowledge of different digital marketing channels
• Good knowledge and experience with online marketing tools and best practices
• 5 years of hands-on experience with SEO, Google Analytics and Social media business managers
• Basic knowledge of web design procedures
• Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company's success
• Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
• Team player
• Good time-management skills
• Great interpersonal and communication skills
• MA in Marketing, Digital technologies or similar relevant field
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.