Job description / Role
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
To develop and provide senior leadership to the strategic delivery capacity required to ensure successful implementation and benefits realization of the digital transformation portfolio and OK Digital action plan across the different waves.
- Responsible for leading and managing a portfolio of digital programs through to delivery of new capabilities and realization of financial and non-financial benefits.
- Establish effective and efficient governance across their portfolio.
- Ensure the portfolio is aligned with the sponsoring organizations' aims and objectives.
- Communicate Vision/ ambition, clear principles/ standards for digital transformation
- Monitors and maintains digital KPIs
- Steers the initiatives planned under digital transformation, monitors and actively manages the performance of digital action plan delivery
- Run the communication and meeting drumbeats for driving digital buzz
- Facilitates digital task force forums across the functions
- Owns the global digital action plan revisions and update
- Facilitate clearance of road blocks if any for the initiatives
- To support management to meet their accountabilities' in delivering the outcomes and savings targets for the relevant portfolio; includes ensuring the programs meets targets without gaps or duplication, and maximize use of resources.
- Work closely with other Partners' Transformation Initiatives to identify any potential barriers to delivery as well as sharing of good practices and application of lessons learnt
- Monitor the progress of the programmes, ensuring delivery of key milestones within agreed timescales, including the preparation of progress reports and liaise around identified risks that threaten delivery.
- Prepare highlight, stage and, if necessary exception reports and communicate with management and committees on required approvals and assurance.
- Lead on the stakeholder engagement required, acting as an ambassador for Digital Transformation, and their enablers.
- Contribute to growing the community of practice on Portfolio, programme and project management.
- Maintain a sound knowledge of the wider operational framework
- Ensure delivery of complex programs of cross-cutting work
- Accountable for all elements of programme delivery success within the portfolio, including management of all planning, delivery and implementation aspects
- Manage significant programme budgets and provide strategic, inspirational leadership to teams of multi-disciplinary employees from across Partner organizations.
- Manage relationships with external suppliers and consultants and ensure appropriate skills and talent are identified to fulfill specific project requirements.
- Devise and own the strategic plan to develop clear transition states for the Digital Transformation Programme and to identify and manage dependencies, gaps and pressures within the Transformation Programme thereby ensuring a consistent approach across the System.
- Maintain full awareness of the performance of individual programmes, including the identification and resolution of risks, critical issues, and opportunities.
- Provide senior management and company wide periodic updates on the overall digitation transformation .
- Advise on the establishment and maintenance of robust governance mechanisms that have the confidence of all internal Partners
- Assist governance fora to make good quality decisions through timely, accurate and informative reporting and forecasting
- Cross-collaboration with Commercial and all Digital stakeholders to maximise digital transformation delivery and benefit
- Ensure a high level of engagement in, and ownership of, every aspect of the programme.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with a range of external organizations and stakeholders who may wish to contribute to and/or be impacted by the transformation portfolio.
- Budget setting and managing related activity, liaising with Finance colleagues
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to the budget, ongoing monitoring of expenditure against budget and ensuring the appropriate documentation is available.
- Responsible for defining budget required to scope, monitoring it and implement the long term strategic plan
- Responsible for making recommendations, providing advice and able to prepare strategic reports/briefings as required.
- Bachelor Degree (Engineering, Marketing, Business or Science)
- A visionary with a deep understanding of traditional and innovative Digital strategies and a proven track record of creating initiatives that will drive and increase revenue.
- 9 + years experience, added advantage with relevant experience in the telecommunications/digital sector
- 5+ year management experience
- Strong commercial acumen and the ability to read and interpret market data
- Strong time, planning and program management skills.
- Strong writing skills and development of presentations.
- Innovative and creative thinker
- Able to successful work on own initiatives
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing in both Arabic and English.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication experience and the ability to establish and build relationships quickly.
- Ability to operate in a diverse multicultural, multinational work environment, exhibiting appropriate sensitivities
- Ability to influence the decisions of C-level customer executives
- Capable of building and maintaining strong relationships with a diverse set of internal and partner constituencies
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication and motivation
- Organization and delegation
- Forward planning and strategic thinking
- Problem solving and decision-making
- Commercial awareness
- Experienced at working in a collaborative decision-making group such as a board or other 'board level' committee working
- Experience of delivering complex, multiple stakeholder Programs of change
- Experience of working collaboratively across organizations to develop partnership
- Experienced at working at a strategic decision making level within a complex environment
- Experience of strategic policy development and implementation
- Strong analytical & project management skills.
- Knowledge of the GSM, LTE & emerging mobile services and products and overall knowledge of product lifecycle management
- Presentation skills to "C" level management
- Communication skills - Comfort around higher management.
- MS Office applications (focus Excel, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated acumen in understanding the industry and its trends.
- Core knowledge of telecommunications products and services
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.
Chief Technology Officer
Principle Consultant - Digital Transformation
Digital Transformation Director
CSG Global Talent
|Abu Dhabi||16 Apr|
Director and PMO and Programme - Upcoming
CTO (IT Solutions)