Job description / Role
Under general direction of VP of Enrollment and Student Development, the incumbent is responsible for providing activities, services, and programs that aid individuals in their career development and search for internships, employment and post-baccalaureate education. The Director offers individual career counseling, internship and job-search advising to students, develops and presents workshops, and develops positive relationships with students, alumni, employers, faculty, staff, and parents in support of the career services functions.
• Serve as member of the Division of Enrollment and Student Development, participating in discussions, decision-making, and policy recommendations.
• Ensures the success of the Office of Career Services by coordinating the development and evaluating progress of the goals and objectives.
• Facilitates effective and efficient operation of the Office by developing appropriate policies and procedures, while promoting a strong service-oriented image to students, alumni employers, faculty, staff and parents.
• Manages the Student Employment Specialist and helps develop the on-campus student employment program
• Manages funds by developing, planning and controlling annual departmental budget.
• Oversees annual follow-up survey of graduates including the survey development and design, collection of data, data entry.
• Monitors all aspects of the daily operations, assesses the effectiveness of programs, policies and procedures.
• Assists students in clarifying academic and career goals through individual career counseling and mentoring.
• Administers and interprets career inventories (e.g. MBTI, COPS and LVI).
• Assists students in using career resource library and finding information on the web.
• Designs and delivers career-related workshops, programs, career fairs, and panels.
• Helps students develop and refine resume writing, interviewing, and job-search skills.
• Develops and delivers workshops and career-related programs, including new initiatives on how best to utilize the Internet for career discovery/job-search purposes.
• Responsible for the planning and promotion of the career services office to students, alumni, faculty and employers through a wide array of marketing efforts.
• Must possess skills to be able to explain and demonstrate the essential functions of the position
• Ability to communicate ideas and information clearly and effectively at all levels within the University in English; must possess effective presentation skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of principles and practices of effective career counseling techniques and procedures; knowledge of educational methods and student development theory and its implications
• Demonstrated knowledge of current best practices in University career services
• Demonstrated understanding of University structure, policies and procedures, particularly the impact of the collegiate environment on student development and success
• Demonstrated ability to prepare and present career related workshops
• Demonstrated proficiency in the use of standard software applications
• Demonstrated high ethical standards and patience especially as it relates to dealing with students
• Must be capable of maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials
• Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, and problem-solve; sound professional judgment; initiative and resourcefulness; industry and dependability
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse group of professionals and constituents
• Ability to work occasional evening and weekends
Experience and Education:
• Master's degree required; student personnel/higher education field preferred
• Two to three years of professional experience in career development and/or jobsearch counseling; or the equivalent.
• Proficiency working with personal computers, related hardware/software, webpage maintenance and development.
• Experience with database development and management.
• Experiences in administering and interpreting assessments and standardized tests
In return you will receive an excellent tax free salary package + Benefits.
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
About the Company
At Alderwood, we pride ourselves on best practice recruitment, tailored for the Work Based Learning, Welfare to Work and Education sectors. Our core values and attributes are important to use and underline our proven ability to deliver results
Director of Human Resources
Lecturer in Business Admin - Management
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||24 Feb|
School Improvement Consultant
Learning and Development Specialist