Job description / Role
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
The function of the VIP & Direct Sales head is to proactively and systematically develop new business as a contributor to consumer sales channel by developing, managing, mentoring the Ooredoo Kuwait VIP program (Noukhba) in terms of increase High ARPU customers base and retain existing base on side, and create a new Direct sales channel through external partners on the other side.
- Lead the Consumer Sales expansion plans through non-traditional and alternative channels by creating an affective direct sales channels through Internal team and external partners.
- Develop and implement strategic market positioning and business development plans targeting mid to high value customers in Kuwait to ensure growth and sales targets are achieved in this segment.
- Act as the key contact for all Key VIP customers and coordinate activities with commercial team to ensure consistency of approach.
- Develop the process and programs that manage the end to end relation with High value customers flagged as Noukhba according to set criteria.
- Establish and develop the direct sales section with Channel partners.
- Lead all sales activities through outdoor and sponsorship events.
- Develop Partnership with VIP and Lounges across Kuwait focusing on Promoting Ooredoo high value plans within Kuwaitis communities.
- Build the Go to market strategy for new sales channel through Channel partners targeting Mid. to high value segment.
- Create end to end process for the new sales channel through channel partners including Establishment of call centre activities, leads management and closing sales deals through sales force operated by Partners
- Act as a focal point between Channel Partners and Ooredoo Finance department to handle all financial related issues for direct sales activities.
- Manage the end to end After sales activities with high value customers (Noukhba) including collection and technical support.
- Oversee the effective implementation and administration of all Sales operating policies and procedures in order to minimise risk and ensure a favourable Audit report.
- Oversee the usage of the MKT (marketing system) channel which functions to monitor free products/services, gift items and giveaways.
- Set the effective collection process to maintain clearance of old VIP base overdue amounts.
- Set the programs and sales tactics that could maximises the revenue from existing high value customers and maintain targeted ARPU required from this segment.
- Provide input and participate in the development of commercial strategies to ensure competitiveness and profitability of Products.
- Develop and make recommendations for sales team incentive plans to encourage and reward increased sales efforts and revenues.
- Proactively manage and motivate the team to be highly professional and results oriented.
- Work to improve employee performance through personal coaching and identifying training and development needs.
- Ensure Individual Development Plans (IDP) are completed for all staff in accordance with Ooredoo Kuwait competencies.
- Recruit reporting staff as required.
- Conduct annual performance appraisals (Performance Management System) and ensure objectives set are monitored and achieved
- Liaise with Product Development to identify market and business opportunities for further business development, and for the introduction of new products or services that meet the specific requirements of High value segment.
- Oversee the development and implementation of special customer care programs that target the individual needs of high value customers (Noukhba) and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Establish, develop, and maintain business relationships with current VIP customers and prospective customers to always generate new business to increase High value base.
- Design, selection and distribution of appropriate benefits for key High value customers to ensure continued customer engagement.
- Contribute to the Sales Division communication plan through attendance of regular team meetings, the preparation of a weekly status report and attendance at team events.
- Proactively take responsibility for self-improvement by staying well informed of developments, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise.
- Share knowledge and expertise with peers and direct team
- Other duties as directed by supervisor or other superiors.
- Required years of experience based on progression ladder in a commercial or business development role.
- 3+ years management experience.
- Strong client relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent business acumen
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Well connected in the business community with strong networking ability.
- Fluent verbal/written communication in both Arabic and English.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Marketing or a related discipline from a recognised tertiary institution.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.
Head of General Business Sales
SAP Middle East & North Africa
Senior VIP Key Account Manager
|Kuwait City||18 Nov|
Chief Executive Officer
Director - Operations & Commercial
Dubai Parks and Resorts