Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years.
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
What we are looking for: Driver
What you will do:
- The job holder of this position is responsible for transporting mail and items from one location to the other, with care and on timely basis.
- The Driver may sometimes also be involved in pick up and drop off of visitors to and from the airport, hotels and offices.
Key Areas of focus:
- Follow all relevant administrative policies, processes and standard operating procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
- Implement activities under close supervision
- Daily collection and delivery of mail from PO Box and transfer to office mail room when assigned
- Delivery of all inter-office/inter-company mail covering all offices and warehouse
- Finalize all custom related documentation
- Deliver all sensitive/confidential inter-office/inter-company mail to the specified recipient and secure signed receipt in dispatch book
- Report any/all incident(s)/occasion(s) of misplaced/lost mail
- Provide the necessary assistance in the tracing and tracking of mail (delivered and undelivered)
- Transfer of visitors and new employees to and from airport/hotel/offices
- Comply strictly with route and schedule as assigned
- Perform daily vehicle inspections and minor maintenance tasks when necessary
- Report any/all maintenance issues
- Conduct attestation tasks, bank visits, passport pick-up, etc.
- Keep the assigned vehicles clean inside out
- Ensure that the company vehicle assigned is used exclusively for company business only
- Report any/all accidents at first possible instant
- Strict adherence to all traffic and road safety regulations
- Receive (or route) all operating instructions via the Administration Executive (Chain of command) Perform other duties as required
What you need to succeed in this role:
- High school or secondary level
- 0-2 years of experience in the same field or a similar field
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts . If you are changing countries to join us, we will provide you with relocation allowance and help you settle into accommodation during the first few months.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.