United Steel Industrial Company
Job description / Role
Duties may include but will not be limited to:
• Performing all the activities related to scrap car transferring, scrap preparation, material addition in the bucket, material arrangement purging activity, and preheating activity.
• Performing the visual inspection of the shell bottom, temperature measurement, EBT flapper monitoring (during closing).
• Fire watch of surroundings (Roof gantry, Tilting Cylinders, settling chamber, and materials area) during the EAF process and tapping.
• Reporting to EAF supervisor for material issuances as per the stock availability at the shop floor.
• Perform cleaning of rail tracks, scrap car, ladle car scrap charging area, tapping pit trench, electrode stands, and walkways.
• Monitor for scrap spillages around the furnace & shell rim cleaning and any leftover scrap hanging in the bucket.
• Preparation for Tapping activities like ladle availability, preheater activity, ladle condition, manual tapping additions, ladle car rails, tapping pit condition, and tapping. Inspection of purging lines, walkway movement, lancing pipes, and holders.
We are looking for a talented and skilled EAF LF Operator to join our multicultural and diverse team in Kuwait. You will be responsible for performing day-to-day activities related to electric arc furnace (EAF) operation including preparation and maintaining a safe working environment and reporting unsafe conditions. Additionally, you will perform related activities for process improvement as directed by your immediate superior.
About the Company
The United Steel Industrial Company (Kuwait Steel) is a private Kuwaiti Closed Shareholding Industrial Company that was established in the year 1996. Kuwait Steel is headquartered in Kuwait, a Middle Eastern country situated along the Arabian Peninsula, which is a prime, diverse and auspicious environment, full of opportunities and capacity for corporate growth. Predominantly, we strive to manufacture and deliver a wide range of value-added steel products to serve the expanding steel market, locally and at a global scale. Throughout the years, Kuwait Steel has become partners with a wide range of industries and sectors, including construction, industrial, oil and gas companies, with the aim of promoting sustainable development and growth. The company has been founded on the aspiration to deliver and produce high-quality steel products, made possible through innovative research, and to ensure present-day society manages to resolve current needs without having to compromise the demands and requirements needed for the future generation.
We pride ourselves in operating in a manner that reflects honesty, integrity, reliability and most importantly, consistency, which ensures that we achieve, sustain and maintain trust and integrity in the steel industry, without compromising our high standards in delivering customers' steel needs.
Although Kuwait has relied on oil as its main source of income, recently, the objective and aim of the government has been to transform and diversify the economy by becoming less reliant on oil, making this the ideal opportunity for the steel industry to thrive within an attractive and exciting business environment for Kuwait Steel.