Job description / Role
Our client has signed a 5-year O&M contract to operate a new cement plant in Kuwait, incorporating a full organization to implement a complete maintenance strategy and technical back-up, as well as delivery of spare parts and consumables. The agreement covers a new 150 tph grinding station in Kuwait. The grinding station has been also delivered by our client and consists of a UMS ball mill, a Ventomatic packing plant and material handling equipment. They are currently looking to Electrical Technician Cement Mill Packing in Kuwait.
Reports to: General Maintenance Manager
As Electrical/Instrumentation/Automation Maintenance Manager, appointed as the Responsible Person to assess and authorize competent persons for the implementation of electrical work.
Responsible for promoting the maintenance management system, ensuring the application of maintenance procedures, methods, and best practices. The individual will drive cross functional analysis of incidents and maintenance performance, implementing the action plans to improve both reliability and maintenance practices predominately for electrical automation and instrumentation but also providing assistance and support to all functions.
The custodian of electrical, instrumentation & Automation standards and best practices, effectiveness at minimum cost to maximize equipment availability and provide technical support and leadership to direct reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure compliance with the relevant statutory legislation and internal company Safety, Health & Environmental standards
• Communicate clearly on information relating to potentially dangerous situations and get confirmation that they are correctly understood.
• Make sure that key equipment is working properly.
• Ensure the use of Personal Protective Equipment.
• Check for safety and cleanness in the workplace.
• Ensure availability of HIRA, SOP and COP for the maintenance activity
• Ensure good working conditions and safety standards are maintained within all areas of maintenance operations
• Ensuring the permit to work system and any other safety system are adhered to.
• Responsible for ensuring good housekeeping from direct reports and also other maintenance functions
• Coordinate with the Electricity/Grid Provider for all interfaces and switching requirements
• Responsible for the efficient planning of electrical work safely ensuring all the correct procedures, materials, tools and equipment are identified and available.
• Plan the maintenance activities (PM/OBM/Breakdown) in terms of the resources and time required in consultation with the other stakeholders-Operations, Planning, Safety, and Client
• Mobilize resources, including spares and consumables, tools & tackles for carrying out the activities.
• Identify and control sub-contracting requirements
• Is responsible for the execution and the quality of maintenance work to be carried out on electrical/instrumentation equipment according to plan work orders.
• Conduct meetings with the team to review Electrical, Instrumentation & Automation maintenance activities - planned vs actual and the plan for the day.
• Ensure proper day-to-day scheduling of works and necessary resources. Assign and review work to perform with the Technicians.
• Coordinate planned inspection and maintenance programs with other functions and departments
• Ensure, upon completion of repairs, that equipment is in good operating condition, ready to meet operational requirements, fully inspected, tested, clean, and safe.
• Ensure that job plans are developed & available for carrying out maintenance job.
• Develop protocols for changes effected to process control parameters/loops.
• Ensure and control quality of maintenance jobs done by subcontractors.
• Critically analyze any observation made during maintenance and work on CAPA in consultation with the stakeholders.
• Ensure the equipment is handed over in good condition to operate and the permits are closed properly as per safety procedure.
• Initiate O&M QR for all failures/breakdowns or abnormalities and carry out CAPA in consultation with stakeholders.
• Provide reporting on repair jobs including consumption of materials, specific tools, man hours and skills, and fills equipment history files.
• Ensure completion of major operations within schedule (yearly overhaul).
• Keep him/her informed of general plant practices so as to ensure "on-call" duty.
• Contribute in his/her field, to the development of working methods and definition of procedures and ensure their implementation.
• Coordinate with RCM/Planning and provide critical data for optimizing maintenance activities.
• Record maintenance downtime and do an activity based time study to improve upon the maintenance efficiency and coordinate with Planning/RCM for creating benchmark bettering the industry benchmarks
• Contribute to Root Cause Analysis.
• Participate in the Plant Improvement Plan (PIP) Team meetings
• Prepares and submits the necessary reports as required by the Maintenance Manager
• Prepares the departmental budget in line with the Maintenance Department objectives
• Establish and follow-up the monthly Department KPI's
• Define the mission & objectives of his staff and conduct PDR sessions
• Development of Electrical staff by developing IDP's, defining skill gaps, and where necessary, providing training in activities that support production improvement and coaching.
• Develop succession plan for production department & ensure successors for key positions.
• Promote quality of work and motivates his staff.
• Implement daily, weekly, monthly plant operation practices & cross functional coordination.
• Prepare the plant Organization & People review, including the Plant Team Assessment.
• Actual costs versus budgeted costs
• Reliability, especially raw mills, burning lines and cement mills, as well as equipment failure rate. (ADAP)
• Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF).
• Compliance to maintenance process indicators.
• Frequency and severity rate of accidents of maintenance personnel and on-site contractors.
Electrical Engineering Degree or equivalent, NEBOSH and/or IOSH certificate
Knowledge and specific Experience:
• 10 Years
• Specific knowledge of Terminal equipment including Terminal process knowledge
• Power systems up to 132 KV, Electrical Drives, PLCs, SCADA, Control systems and Instrumentation and its application to CHP plant equipment's like Conveyors, Stacker Re-claimers, Wagon Tipplers, Loaders, and Unloaders, etc.; Belt scales; Safety systems and procedures; Working knowledge in SAP MM Module
• Experienced in modern reliability and maintenance management techniques
• Electrical/Instrumentation equipment knowledge
• High Voltage and Low Voltage experience
• Instrumentation and Automation experience
• General knowledge in condition monitoring
• Management and supervision of specialist sub-contractors
• Fluency in English, French and Arabic is requested
Interpersonal & Management Skills:
• Commitment to maintaining and improving Health & Safety standards
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to work well within a small team
• Self-Motivated with a proven ability to motivate others
• Excellent communication skills
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering