Job description / Role
Main Purpose of the Job:
The Planning Engineer will be responsible for the overall control of project schedules, development and monitoring all planning/scheduling work being done.
* Integrate schedule requirements and constraints to establish work sequences for all disciplines or specialities.
* Review and assess the work sequences with the developed and agreed project plan
* Establish and implement methods of determining activity schedules within the project team
* Develop quantity release and/or installation curves
* Review and approve invoice verification for payment based on cost-loaded schedules
* Review schedule data, identify and acquire information needed to complete work logic to interface between project teams.
* Determines critical-path activities for project milestones
* Identify significant supporting for all milestones and identify and develop critical path for each project team and activities
* Monitor schedule deviations including subcontractor submittals; recommend corrective action/work-around any issues that may arise
* Prepare schedule commentary appearing in progress reports
* Clarify activities that have a critical impact on the schedule; prepare the critical items action report
* Oversee all work being carried out by project teams and contractors to ensure compliance with the specifications of the project and contract
Essential Candidate Requirements:
* Bachelors Degree within Civil Engineering or any relevant discipline
* Minimum 20 years' experience within planning and scheduling; experience of working on large construction programs will have an added advantage; aviation experience would be a distinct advantage
* Must be knowledgeable of Primavera (P6) scheduling.
* Proven ability to perform in a technical role, possess good written and oral communication skills, and have a thorough of industry practices and regulations
* In Mott MacDonald, we have a strong policy ethical behaviour and expect the highest standards of ethical practice. These are at the core of our corporate values hence do not engage in any aspects of bribery or corrupt practice. As such, we expect staff must always act:
* With integrity
* With due skill, care and diligence
* In good faith, and
* In compliance with all applicable laws
* Ability to relate to people of diverse cultural backgrounds
* Ability to effectively communicate at all levels including external stakeholders
* Leadership and/or managerial experience along with mentoring skills
* Ensure MacDonald HSE policies are implemented and adhered in every activity
* Sound knowledge of professional and international standards
About the Company
The Mott MacDonald Group is a diverse management, engineering and development consultancy delivering solutions for public and private clients world-wide.
Mott MacDonald's uniquely diverse 1 billion global consultancy works across 12 core business areas.
As one of the world's largest employee-owned companies with over 14,000 staff, we have principal offices in nearly 50 countries and projects in 140.