Job description / Role
Reporting to the Center Director, this position has the primary responsibility of providing and coordinating academic skills instruction and homework assistance to all ages ranging from four - eighteen. In addition, this person is responsible for coordinating and implementing the tasks associated with the day-to-day running of the Center.
Essential Job Activities and Responsibilities:
• Build relationships with young people and assist them in developing language acquisition and academic skill development.
• Effectively communicate to prospective clients (parents and school personnel) the hallmarks of the Oxford Learning Program, thereby increasing clientele base.
• Assess and report student academic performance and needs through standardized testing.
• Develop, implement and track the Oxford Learning Center individualized student academic plans on a daily basis.
• Clearly communicate center policies and procedures to parents and applicable support staff to ensure effective running of the center.
• Work with school personnel including counselors, teachers and/or administration to help facilitate student progress. This includes marketing to schools, school visits, regular contact with teachers when required or requested by parents or the school, as well as writing correspondence letters and progress reports on behalf of our students.
• Regularly assess tutors' work and meet monthly with tutors to provide feedback which will improve their performance and, most importantly, student results.
• Work closely with the other Education Team Members to develop, organize and conduct academic workshops on a regular basis appropriate to your center's and tutoring staff's needs.
• Prepare meaningful student progress reports (LPRs) and meet with parents on a regular basis to share student progress and encourage continued enrollment.
• On a regular basis, teach and conduct one on ones with students to ensure a holistic evaluation of student, tutor and center strengths, as well as weaknesses that need to be addressed.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
• Understand and support Oxford Learning's Vision, Mission and Values Statement.
• BA degree from an accredited college or university. A background in education and teaching experience preferred.
• Experience working with ESL youth and families preferred
• Experience working in a multicultural setting and sensitivity to multicultural issues
• Self-starter, ability to take initiative and make intuitive decisions while working as part of a team
• Experience with Microsoft Office programs and the ability to learn and adapt to new software and technology.
In return, you will receive:
• A total package of £34,000 (Including accommodation)
• Private Health Care
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
About the Company
At Alderwood, we pride ourselves on best practice recruitment, tailored for the Work Based Learning, Welfare to Work and Education sectors. Our core values and attributes are important to use and underline our proven ability to deliver results
English Teacher / Class Teacher
The First Academy
English Language Tutor
English Instructor for a Leading University
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Private Personal Assistant to Senior Director