Job description / Role
Work in Kuwait is contingent upon the applicant's ability to obtain a work permit from the State of Kuwait, which is requested on the applicant's behalf by their employer. Effective January 1, 2021, the Kuwait Public Authority of Manpower issued new work permit regulations, informing contractors that it will not issue a work permit to any individual who is fifty-nine (59) years or older and holds a high school grade certificate or less. A two-year college degree or higher is required for all candidates fifty-nine (59) years or older. See Administrative Decision No. (520) of 2020 AD - Amendment to the Administrative Decision No. (552) of 2018 on Issuing the Work Permit Regulations.
The ESH Specialist is responsible for inspecting and evaluating the workplace, equipment and practices for adherence to the Environmental, Safety and Health Program (implemented by the ESH Manager) and government health and safety standards and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Instills a safety-first mentality within respective work areas and a culture that achieves low accident rates and minimal lost-time injuries.
- Develops/revises Work Instructions (WIs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), for all SH&E elements.
- Coordinates and implements the APS-5 Occupational Safety and Health Program at the site level; identify and mitigate physical and procedural hazards in the workplace, provide or coordinate safety training for employees as required or directed.
- Responsible for incident reporting and investigation, assistance with developing and implementing corrective actions, conducting work area inspections and assessments, waste minimization, pollution prevention and control, and record keeping.
- Follows AMENTUM's injury management guidelines for treating occupational injuries through coordination of local medical facilities and AMENTUM safety leadership.
- Perform root cause analysis and provide guidance to site management toward appropriate corrective actions.
- Reports all incidents within 1 hour of knowledge of the occurrence through the AMENTUM incident reporting system (Industry Safe).
- Coordinate employee's early return to work with treating physician per company policy and guidelines.
- Advise project management on AMENTUM safety management policies, procedures, and directives.
- Conduct and document monthly workplace inspections to identify hazardous conditions and regulatory non-compliance issues.
- Identify required training for employees in various operations, perform and document training.
- Perform all other position related duties as directed.
- Bachelor's Degree in safety, or related discipline. Work experience may be substituted for educational requirements. Two (2) years of experience is equivalent to a bachelor's degree.
- Three (3) years of experience in the Safety, Health and Environmental field, required.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have excellent computer, interpersonal, problem solving, and oral and written communication skills.
- Must be customer service focused.
- Must be able to work efficiently alone and as a team member.
- Must be able to exercise discretion and good judgment.
- Must have working knowledge of MS Office programs to include; Word, EXCEL, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook.
Certification, License & Clearance:
- Professional certification/accreditation (STS, OHST, SMS, CSP etc.), desired.
- T1 NACI required for all U.S. Citizens.
Work Environment, Physical Demands & Mental Demands:
- Ability to perform job duties efficiently and effectively.
- Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures.
- Must be able to endure long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 Lbs.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
This position description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required. Employee may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
About the Company
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.