Job description / Role
This role represents an exciting opportunity to take on a newly created post, with the goal of modernising and upskilling the existing finance & accounting function of the in-country office.
My client is a global facilities management & remote services provider with a strong regional presence. They are looking to bring in an experienced finance professional to take the lead on improving the quality, accuracy and speed of reporting, as well as overhauling the existing accounting processes to gain greater oversight and control.
The key responsibilities of the role will include, but not be limited to;
* Business partnering & providing support to senior internal & external stakeholders
* Creating and implementing policies and procedures to bring the accounting function up to date and in line with current global accounting standards
* Creating a highly effective reporting function, to deliver accurate, detailed and timely reports on a monthly, quarterly, annual & ad-hoc basis
* Modernise and improve the Financial Planning processes (including risk & opportunity reporting)
* Maintaining a strong, detailed understanding of the current WIP and projects in progress, as well as constantly updating the balance sheets of those projects
* Ensuring timely closing of audits and implementation of controls and processes to protect the organisation
* Managing expense analysis and driving efficiencies & cost savings
In return my client can offer a competitive package, dependent on your level of qualification and experience.
The successful candidate will be;
* A highly professional individual with strong communication skills
* A qualified accountant
* Currently based in Kuwait
* Experienced in a project-based environment (engineering, services, facilities management, etc)
* Experienced in leading teams, building new policies & processes and driving change
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Finance Officer / Head
A Leading Company In UAE
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
|Abu Dhabi||18 Mar|