Job description / Role
Across the banking and capital markets, insurance, asset management, energy and corporate treasury sectors, our clients require integrated risk management and regulatory advice. You’ll help them by providing strategy and implementation support. You’ll work in high-performing teams alongside risk management professionals, quantitative analysts, risk technology architects, control professionals and former regulators. Together, you’ll help clients better assess and improve their risk and regulatory frameworks.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior, you will support the FSRM team in advising large financial institutions on a range of prudential issues that include, regulatory compliance, credit risk, market risk and insurance risk. You will also be responsible for providing risk management advice on framework design and operational effectiveness. Work as a team member effectively, by sharing responsibilities, providing supporting and maintain proper communication.
Skills and attributes for success
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills
• Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
• Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment
To qualify for the role you must have
• 3+ years’ experience in the financial industry or in financial services consulting
• Good entrepreneurial flare and the ability to identify business opportunities and cross sell different services and/or products
• Bachelors’ degree in finance, law, commerce or a related discipline
• Knowledge in IFRS and Financial Modeling
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Experience working in a Risk Management function at a financial institution (e.g. Credit Risk, Market Risk, Operational Risk) or Regulatory Reporting function at a financial institution.
• Post-graduate qualifications in commerce or risk management
• Willingness to travel extensively across the region
What we look for
We are interested in flexible professionals, who are not afraid of challenges and think critically and creatively and who are used to working in a dynamic environment. You will make reasonable assumptions and present thoughts in a structured, well- articulated and unambiguous manner. If you have a strong desire to develop a career in consulting, then this is the role for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognised for the value you bring to the business. We also offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.