Job description / Role
Amentum is seeking a Fitness Center Clerk (FCC) for a position, pending contract award, performing ISS (Installation Support Services) functions at Ali Al Salem base and Cargo City in Kuwait. The FCC will be responsible for maintaining an integrated fitness and sports program. The FCC will perform other duties as assigned by the Recreation Manager, Site Manager or Program leadership IAW international, US, Air Force, PWS criteria and any other industry standards/criteria.
The FCC will be available to work schedules 24/7.
BASIC FUNCTION SUMMARY
- Engage with and encourage participation in programs and events
- Maintain a clean, sanitary, healthy, presentable, professional safe and secure area
- Perform custodial duties to ensure equipment and floors in all fitness areas are sufficiently cleaned
- Ensure fitness equipment not in use is returned to its proper storage location and keep facilities neat and orderly
- Participate and conduct intramural sports leagues / clubs, various runs, competitions, fitness events and tournaments - including set up / tear down
- Encourage and coordinate with volunteers at various events
- Any other items as directed or as outlined in PWS
- All supporting documentation / reporting as required IAW international, US, Air Force, PWS criteria and any other industry standards/criteria
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year of experience in comparable recreation and fitness programs, preferably on a US military installation with a similar mission/project of scope and nature.
- Must have an American Red Cross CPR Certificate, an American Red Cross Standard First Aid certificate or local equivalent certification, and an Automated External Defibrillator Certificate
- Previous work experience in an austere OCONUS environment with a multi-national workforce.
- Excellent organizational, time management and customer service skills.
- Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office products.
- US Citizenship, a valid US or local driver's license and US passport.
- Active Secret Clearance.
- Ability to successfully pass contract medical requirements and maintain requirements for duration of deployment.
- Country visa (as required in line with the U.S. Department of State Foreign Clearance Guide).
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience providing excellent customer service in supporting contract responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules and under pressure of deadlines while maintaining performance standards.
High school diploma or equivalent
WORKING AND LIVING CONDITIONS
This position may be located in an environment with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to extreme and austere environment. Employees must be willing and able to perform regular job requirements in this austere, extreme environment. Employees must be willing and able to perform physical activities including, but not limited to, heavy lifting and moving of items, parts, assemblies, and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum; climbing in and out of equipment; crawling; and working outdoors. This includes being able to lift and carry 40 pounds of personal protective equipment for extended periods of time.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
About the Company
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.